Thunderbird not working with yahoo now?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
allstock

Thunderbird not working with yahoo now?

Post by allstock »

edit: I don't know if Yahoo was to blame. But a simple restart stopped whatever hangup it had.

Time to ditch yahoo and maybe thunderbird as well. Any good alternatives to Tbird? Easy on cpu and storage and safe?
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird not working with yahoo now?

Post by DanRaisch »

Nothing wrong with Thunderbird. Periodically Yahoo makes changes on the server side that disrupt access to accounts through email clients. The confirmation of that is that the restart cleared up the issue.
tanstaafl

Re: Thunderbird not working with yahoo now?

Post by tanstaafl »

Yahoo is a lousy email provider. If you don't want to pay for a inexpensive account with a commercial email provider (I pay for an account with fastmail.com, polarismail might be another good choice) I suggest you get a Gmail IMAP account. The Thunderbird developers go out of their way to provide good support for Gmail due to its popularity, and its unusual to run into problems due to errors on the server. Gmail no longer scans your messages to personalize ads. They seem to do the best job of all the free email providers in detecting spam.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/06/2 ... ng-emails/

If you want a different email client take a look at the free version of "em client". The main restriction of the free version is it is limited to two accounts. Its popular and reliable, but has hardly any customization . I have a version installed that I occasionally use for troubleshooting when trying to figure out if Thunderbird or the mail server is at fault.

On my windows 10 PC, Thunderbird 60.5.3 (32-bit) takes 178MB and em client 7.2.34711.0 takes 106MB. Thunderbird has 8 accounts while em client has 2.