Archive Folder and Old Mail Account

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Prince_Rogue

Archive Folder and Old Mail Account

Post by Prince_Rogue »

Couple things I am dealing with. One, I have Charter and iCloud accounts. Somehow I may have inadvertently added an Archives (plural) folder instead of using the Archive (singular) folder. I get things sorted out on other devices but in TB the Archives folder keeps returning even though its unsubscribed and in the settings I point to Archive.

The other item is when I do a restore, an old Gmail account is restored even though I deleted it long ago. How can I permanently delete this so it is no longer backed up thus wll no longer be restored? Thanks.
tanstaafl

Re: Archive Folder and Old Mail Account

Post by tanstaafl »

POP or IMAP accounts?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Phantom_folders

If you restore a backup it doesn't know or care that you no longer have a webmail account with the email provider. Its basically just restoring instructions on how to communicate with certain mail servers, plus some folders. If you delete the Thunderbird Gmail account using tools -> account settings -> account actions, check the checkbox to delete the accounts data (you to need to move any of its mail beforehand to another account if you want to keep it) and then backup the profile again you should be okay.
Prince_Rogue

Re: Archive Folder and Old Mail Account

Post by Prince_Rogue »

IMAP. Thanks very much for the link to the article. It was quite helpful and things are good now.

Still get the old Gmail account when I do a restore but irs easy enough to deal with it.