Thunderbird addon

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
fibrolan

Thunderbird addon

Post by fibrolan »

Hi,

with Thunderbird 68.1 a lot of the addon stopped working. the ones I really miss and hoping that there is an alternative is

when starting a sentence the first letter would be capitalized. there used to be an addon called autoup. it no longer works.

as well I used to be able to open an email and see the attachments at the top of the email instead of scrolling down many threads. somehow I lost this and I do not know what addon this was.

does anyone know of any other alternatives to these addons ?

Robert
kerft

Re: Thunderbird addon

Post by kerft »

There have been some recent posts about the autocorrect extension http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3054951 , and how it could be replaced with software that works in all of windows such as autoit and macro express. Maybe autoit can capitalizing the first letter of anything that came after ". " ?
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

thanks for the reply. it was most helpful. I am looking at all options that were mentioned in the post.

Any addon for putting the attachment at the top of the email as opposed to the bottom ?

Robert
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

Macro Express could do the autoup function. It would require creating 26 "shortkey macros" in Macro Express. One for each letter of the Alphabet. Wouldn't be hard to do. Just the time to create the 26 macros.

As for attachment at the top of the email (I thought that's where it always was, but guess I'm wrong. I have it at both top and bottom of the compose message window.

Check out "CustomCSSForTB" from Aris-t2. It is most of the CustomizeMyBird addon that works great with 60.9 and below. CustomCSSForTB is meant to work with TB 68+ It may have the attachment feature you are looking for along with 200 or so other tweaks.

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforTb

I have written some custom CSS that was meant to work with CustomizeMyBird addon, but may work well with CustomCSSforTB in the userChrome.css file. I haven't tried 68+ so don't know for sure.

https://github.com/JYLD/User-CSS-For-Fi ... hunderbird
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

hi thanks for the email. Maybe I am doing this wrong but I downloaded the zip file and tried to install from file and it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.
How did oyu get the attachment at top and bottom ? I had it before the system upgraded to 68.1.

Robert
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

I don't know how I have attach button at bottom and top. I don't know if it was always there or if CustomizeMyBird added it. It does have a selection regarding that, but I don't think I ever turned it on. I use 60.9.

I assume you are saying you downloaded CustomCSSforTB. You need to carefully follow the installation instructions to make sure all the files are placed in the correct directory. After you have it properly installed in your TB Profile. Then you have to manually scroll through the options in the userChrome.css file with a text editor and manually turn on or off the options. You could start by manually searching for the word "attach" in the css file and find the options dealing with the attach button in the compose window.

I believe it comes with certain options turned on, so if it didn't change anything (like adding the old style color toolbar buttons, etc.) then I'd say your first problem is not reading and following the detailed instructions provided by Aris-t2 as to where to unzip the files to. You also have to restart Thunderbird for the changes to take effect.

Aris-t2 will not be rewriting the CustomizeMyBird addon for 68+ so your only option for 68+ is to learn how to work with the CSS files provided in his CustomCSSforTB. All you need is to read carefully the installation and use instructions and a plain text editor for viewing the userChrome.css file to add /* in some places and delete /* in some other places. That's how you turn features on and off.
JYLD

Post by JYLD »

fibrolan wrote:hi thanks for the email. Maybe I am doing this wrong but I downloaded the zip file and tried to install from file and it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.
How did oyu get the attachment at top and bottom ? I had it before the system upgraded to 68.1.

Robert
In case you missed it on Aris-t2's github page. These are the setup and installation and use instructions.

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSfor ... /README.md
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

I followed the instructions and it turns out you are right the attachment above the body is in the. Css
But it is not disabled so I left it alone but I still cannot get it to work.

Robert
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

fibrolan wrote:I followed the instructions and it turns out you are right the attachment above the body is in the. Css
But it is not disabled so I left it alone but I still cannot get it to work.

Robert
File an issue?

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforTb/issues
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

Hi thanks for all your help . I finally got it working. with attachments. It seems that there is an addon I use called conversations it seems to conflict and not allow the attachment to show up at the top. not sure how to fix this issue.

Thanks again

Robert