New build release today

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
DN123ABC

Re: New build release today

Post by DN123ABC »

Rabbit4 wrote:as Dan has said, there is no real benefits by using a 64bit email client over 32bit email client, whereas there is with a Browser

having said that, is there any point keeping this thread opened
Not your call. I've been here testing Firefox and Thunderbird since it was Phoenix, so I've seen a lot and been here through a lot.

It would be nice to have, since others are also interested in this, plus it will be coming eventually.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

DN123ABC wrote:others are also interested in this
Really, care to post some links?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
James

Post by James »

DN123ABC wrote:The question was NOT about manual updating. That process is very clear. The question was about having the program auto-update by going to Help:About Thunderbird.
Be glad there are even 64-bit (Win64) builds of Thunderbird Releases for Windows as when they were first kind of available it was an accident and then continued. The Win64 builds are not really needed for to run Thunderbird unlike the 64-bit builds for 64-bit Mac and Linux are needed to run. They make the Win64 builds very noticeable on the https://www.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/all/ page which is the Systems & Languages link on the https://www.thunderbird.net/ page so they are not hard to find for those who want to use them over the stable 32-bit builds for Windows.
DN123ABC wrote:Not your call. I've been here testing Firefox and Thunderbird since it was Phoenix, so I've seen a lot and been here through a lot.
Phoenix was the first of the three names for the web browser we know as Firefox as Thunderbird was originally called Minotaur.