Signature do not forward or reply!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
emilshamloo

Signature do not forward or reply!

Post by emilshamloo »

Hello,
I have latest version of Thunderbird 68.7.0 (32-bit).
I have a picture as my signature and it works when I create a new email.
In the "composition and addressing" I have checked "include signature for replies" and checked for "include signature for forwards", but I do not get my signature when I want to forward or reply!
https://prnt.sc/s1uuon
Any help would be appreciated :-)
tanstaafl

Re: Signature do not forward or reply!

Post by tanstaafl »

Does this problem only occur when replying to (or forwarding) a plain text message? If so, try holding down the Shift key when clicking on reply or forward to indicate you want it to be treated as a HTML message.

Your settings indicate you want to compose new messages using HTML, but there is no equivalent setting available to say you always want to reply using HTML. It defaults to using whatever type of message you are replying to. That's why you sometimes need to use the Shift key to toggle that.

You might want to experiment with providing ALT TEXT for the image in the signature so that it provides a text based signature in a plain text message.
emilshamloo

Re: Signature do not forward or reply!

Post by emilshamloo »

Thanks for your reply.
I do not know why, but I unchecked "include...." and ended thunderbird. When I started again, I checked " include ... " again and the problem was solved :-)
Thanks anyway.