How to reorder toolbars?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Clued2it

How to reorder toolbars?

Post by Clued2it »

The order of my toolbars from top to bottom has suddenly changed. Is there a way to put them in the order that I like (Menu bar above tabs, above mail toolbar, above quickfolders that I created, above folderpane toolbar)?
tanstaafl

Re: How to reorder toolbars?

Post by tanstaafl »

I'm not aware of any way to do that. Did you change something in your configuration, or update Thunderbird, shortly before this problem occurred?

Does the problem go away if you temporarily disable QuickFolders and reboot? Its the obvious culprit due to bugs such as https://github.com/RealRaven2000/QuickFolders/issues/16 (which has been fixed)
Clued2it

Post by Clued2it »

My Thunderbird version is 68.9.0 (32 bit) and it's set to update automatically. The most recent change that I did was to add two extensions, Nostalgy and ReplyWithHeader.

I tried the disabling-reboot procedure, but unfortunately there was no change.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

See if http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolbar_or_wi ... ot_working helps.

"select Help -> Troubleshooting Information. Depending upon what version you are running you will see either a "Open Containing Folder" or a "Show Folder" button. Press it. That will launch windows explorer (or whatever file manager your operating system uses). It will display the contents of your profile. Exit Thunderbird and delete xulstore.json . That stores the toolbar , window layout and size/position settings. Restart Thunderbird. That will create a new version of that file with default settings."
Clued2it

Post by Clued2it »

Deleting the xulstore.json didn't have any effect. However, after deleting the session.json when I start Thunderbird the QuickFolders toolbar momentarily appears where it used be normally and then immediately goes further up just below the menu bar!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Try running Thunderbird in safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled) to verify none of your add-ons are at fault. If that works around the problem then enable them one by one, retesting after you enable each one, until you identify the culprit
Clued2it

[SOLVED] Re: How to reorder toolbars?

Post by Clued2it »

Thank you for the suggestion. I disabled all my add-ons manually in order to enable the QuickFolders toolbar first. I then enabled the other add-ons one by one, but I didn't notice anything unusual. The only thing that's odd is what I wrote earlier about session.json which when being recreated shows the QuickFolders toolbar momentarily in the position that it used to be and then the toolbar is placed just below the menu bar.

EDIT: I should have done the obvious, by contacting the QuickFolders support site. I apologize for taking up your time trying to find a solution. In the end it's something that happened after a recent update of QuickFolders and a solution is given at https://github.com/RealRaven2000/QuickFolders/issues/34. Once again, thank you for the attention given to resolving this issue.