MozillaZine

Will not access "other locations" on ubuntu

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
ibewlu

Post Posted July 20th, 2020, 5:28 pm

I have ubuntu installed on a USB that is plugged into a Windows PC that I normally use which has TB installed on it. The emails are saved to a folder on D: and I was able to set up TB on ubuntu to load the emails, but then it stopped accessing them. At first it loaded everything, but now it only loads the user name, any way to fix this????
It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

tanstaafl

Post Posted July 21st, 2020, 2:36 pm

More details please.

What version (please don't say latest as that is too ambiguous)?

It lists the correct folders, but they are empty?

Do you have a problem displaying the contents of the address books?

What do you mean by only loading the username? I don't understand the context. Are you talking about a problem with the password wizard, it not finding the right account directory or ....?

"The emails are saved to a folder on D:"
Just to be clear, you mean the profile is stored on D: and the account directories are in that profile? Or is the profile on the USB drive and the account directories on drive D:?

ibewlu

Post Posted July 21st, 2020, 2:50 pm

Version 56.ob3; EDIT: Version on Ubuntu is 68.

Folders are empty.

Not using address book.

Sometimes it only loads the username and not the folders connected to it (Inbox, Outbox, etc.). No problem with passwords.

"Just to be clear, you mean the profile is stored on D: and the account directories are in that profile?"
Correct. I run TB on windows and save emails to D: and back up every night; TB on Ubuntu will not access D:.

EDIT: I created a partition on hard drive and installed Ubuntu and had the same problem.
It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Return to Thunderbird General