Task Bar icon not working after updates

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
sunclad

Task Bar icon not working after updates

Post by sunclad »

W10 / V 21H1
AVG AV.
All programs up to date.

The last 3 updates to TB have rendered the task bar quick launch icon useless and disconnected. After an update the task bar icon is disconnected from the application.

This is a minor inconvenience and all I need to do is drag a fresh shortcut to the task bar, but it is a small inconvenience none the less.

DMK
tanstaafl

Re: Task Bar icon not working after updates

Post by tanstaafl »

Strange. The old shortcut should still point to the same installation directory. If you somehow switched to a different installation directory I'd expect Thunderbird to complain that your profile is not compatible because the location specified by the Lock= hash string in profiles.ini points to the old installation directory.

The next time it occurs please add another post to this thread to mention what error message you get and provide more details.
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Task Bar icon not working after updates

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

You might check the properties of the Icon and compare to the path for the actual installation.
Point to the Icon > right click > select properties (usually last item on context list) > shortcut tab > and view the Target installation location.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.