Highlighting

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Prince_Rogue

Highlighting

Post by Prince_Rogue »

In earlier versions of TB, when I searched messages, the fiter headings (subject, from, etc) and 'contains' were highlighted as I tab around so it was easy to see wehre I was. No longer in the current version.

Also when moving messages, I cannot see the highlight in the list of folders.

Whwew can I fix these? Thanks.
tanstaafl

Re: Highlighting

Post by tanstaafl »

Are you using version 91.3.2?

What type of search (global, classic, quick filter bar) are you using? It sounds like classic (edit -> find -> search messages).

I can use tabs to move around in that pane. However, it moves you not only among the list box filters, but among the checkboxes and and the buttons in the search results. In my case it changes the color of the border of the highlighted object rather than changing the background color. It seems to do a better job of it than it did with version 60.

Try again in troubleshoot (safe) mode. Perhaps there is a problem due to a theme or add-on.
Prince_Rogue

Post by Prince_Rogue »

TB 91.3.2. Troubleshooting mode did not change anything.

I press ctrl-shift-f and tab to get to what I need then arrow up or down or enter text. Its hard to know what I am focused on due to vision.

Same for moving messages to folders. In other parts of TB highlight is fine
Prince_Rogue

Post by Prince_Rogue »

Running 91.4.0 now and wondering if there is a fix for the lack of highlights in aforementioned folders when moving messages. Thanks.