Messages not visible

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
VigilantDMS

Messages not visible

Post by VigilantDMS »

My colleague is working with outlook and has added several messages to a folder. They are not visible in the folder it selve, but when I search on her name they appear. So some how Thunderbird know that they are there. What can I do to make them visible.
tanstaafl

Re: Messages not visible

Post by tanstaafl »

It sounds like Thunderbird has a problem seeing the contents of a folder that Outlook can see fine. How are they sharing the folder? It is a remote folder on a IMAP server?

One of the reasons I ask is if you have a corrupt folder in a POP account you might lose a message but global search still thinks it exists due to it using a pre-built search index to find the message. If you used the other types of search (such as the quick filter bar) they have to actually look in the folder to search for a message (they build a search index every single time they search), so if it was missing they wouldn't "find" it.

Please provide more details about your configuration. Its also a good idea when asking for help to specify what version (please don't say latest as that is ambiguous) that you are using.