Computer change

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
MikeSpea

Computer change

Post by MikeSpea »

Hi Everyone,
I recently changed computers (pc) and am having problems with my Thunderbird email account. My main Thunderbird email account is fine but my business one which is an add on to my main one I am not
receiving some emails into my inbox, I can only see them after doing a search using Thunderbird`s search facility. Also, the emails are not in date order, I tried resolving this by clicking "date" again
and again but it does`nt resolve it. I would appreciate any advice on how I can possibly resolve this please? I`m running Windows 11. Thank you in advance for your help and regards.
Mike :cry:
DanRaisch

Re: Computer change

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
MikeSpea

Post by MikeSpea »

Thank you, I just checked, and the server type is IMAP
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

MikeSpea

Post by MikeSpea »

Thank you my friend. Not sure if it will work but I followed the instructions under IMAP: Check "Tools -> Account Settings -> Server Settings -> Clean up ("Expunge") Inbox on Exit it will compact the Inbox folder when you exit Thunderbird. If you check "Empty Trash" on Exi

Does that sound correct please?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Sorry, but no. Select the Inbox for the problem account, then under menu path File, click on "Compact folders".
MikeSpea

Post by MikeSpea »

Ok thank you