change address book path

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
healer

Post by healer »

The shared networked drive is also part of a NTFS volume. Is there any other way I can go round the problem?
Old martimus8

Post by Old martimus8 »

healer wrote:The shared networked drive is also part of a NTFS volume. Is there any other way I can go round the problem?
    The drive letter T: is NOT NTFS no matter what you think it's mapped to. It is still a NTFS->UNC->UNC->NTFS mapping.

The only thing I can think of is to start a replication service program to copy the file whenever it changes. Windows 2000 Pro and HP Home & Pro don't have this built in...so you will have to go find one that you like. I'm hoping Mozilla will fix this issue someday with Windbloze.

I just downloaded 1.5.0.RC1 yesterday and will do some tests next week to see if the problem is still present under Windows. Until then I don't really have much of a suggestion other than some sort of file replication process either via a system service or a login/logout script. I'm on my way out of Microsoft operating systems.

I am looking for a solution to this Thunderbird issue as well for a friend of mine who is running Windows exclusively. I don't have this problem under Linux but whoever figures out a FREE easy solution first, please post...I know I will. Try to read up on your operating system a lil bit, cuz I'm not here to promote Windows diagnostics. I do appreciate the banter but telling you how to use your operating system wasn't exactly my goal.
azakreski

Re: change address book path

Post by azakreski »

healer wrote:I would like to be able to change the address book path because I want to be able to write email from more than one computers. Can somebody please tell me how to achieve it? I have found I can change the path of the email inbox (share a network drive and map it as local drive) and so on but not the address book. What a shame!

Has there been any progress on this problem?
Fluffer

Post by Fluffer »

A simple solution is to use DropBox and install ThunderBird portable into a DropBox folder.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.