usenet : show only my own threads

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
gruad

usenet : show only my own threads

Post by gruad »

Is there any way to establish a filter that shows only the threads where I sent at least one posting too. When I post to usenet I find it quite difficult to keep tracks on the threads in the various newsgroups.

I only managed to create a filter that shows my own postings, which is not what I want. I want my messages, all follow-ups and all other messages in this thread.

thnx,
peter
ericbellavance

Post by ericbellavance »

I'm looking for the same thing. Have you found a way to do this?

Regards,

Eric Bellavance
gruad

Post by gruad »

sorry - no solution so far .... thats a big leak in thunderbirds features I think ... Looks like people dont use usenet like we are used to use it any more ;)

If anyone comes up with a solution I would be very happy to hear - via this forum or directly at pilsl @ goldfisch . at

thnx,
best,
peter
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

In the bar above the Sender or Subject line, there is a select box for Unread, All, Important, etc.
At the bottom is a Customize choice.
Use it to set up a NEW 'Sender' choice for viewing messages.
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
gruad

Post by gruad »

thnx, but it does not what I want to do. I can setup a new view to show all my messages. Thats easy. But I want to view all postings (no matter by whom) in a thread where I contributed to.

If there is a thread with 10 postings and 2 postings are sent by myself, then I dont want to see only my two postings (cause usually I know what I wrote) but want to see the other 8 posting, so I know what they answered to me or what their opinion on this topic is.

peter
maflu

Post by maflu »

I am interested as well in such a feature. That would be really useful I think and I do not know any other news reader allowing the user to create such a filter.

This should be added to the To Do list...
gruad

Post by gruad »

Its a feature I always had before and now I miss it desperately. In fact: it significantly reduced my contribution to the usenet.

old Knode (0.4) could do it perfectly and if I'm not mistaken my very old windows-clients also did it (gravity ??).

Filters still are not the light of thunderbird (which is nevertheless my adored and pushed mailclient on *nix and win). A Filter like the above should be apply to be attached to all subscribed groups at once, so users can really browser through "their" threads at the beginning.

Whats to best way to push a feature-wish to the ToDo-List ? Contributing to the wish-forum might not be that efficient. ...
peter
Jacob XP

Post by Jacob XP »

Thunderbird is not a good newsreader. I recommend using some other software.
Check my blog with new tips to Mozilla Firefox http://www.livejournal.com/users/jacob667
gruad

Post by gruad »

it should become one, cause it doesnt lack many features. Running KDE, openoffice, firefox, thunderbird all the time in the background does not leave many ram for another "background"-tool.

p