Thunderbird is coming.

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

seb wrote:Registering in both would be better :)
The keys warenhaus gave is the one I talked about when discussing about the installer with you a few days ago, David. Basically, registering Minotaur or Phoenix here will allow them to appear in the default programs that are accessible from the Add/Remove program window.
This: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/revi ... eta_03.gif

that's what they say. doesn't work for me. could be my error though. were you able to select Px/mino in this dialogue? if yes, could you show me your reg settings for them?
after putting it there, Minotaur DOES show up as an option in the IE>tools>Internet Options>programs though. but not in "set program access and defaults".
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
seb

Post by seb »

I opened regedit, went to HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\, and looked at Mozilla.exe\InstallInfo.

I copied and adapted the data from this key into the Phoenix.exe key, and it added the entry in the Set Default Programs panel.

I'll probably add it to the installer.
seb

Post by seb »

warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

i don't habe moz installed, i think IE is quite different, and Netscape doesn't add that InstallInfo key.
could you copy&paste the exported phoenix reg key? merci beaucoup.
[edit: it seems i need to know the reinstall & show/hide icons commands]

btw: "Afficher ce programme" is much more honest than "allow program access" (that's what it says in the german version).
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
seb

Post by seb »

OK.
For Phoenix, HKLM\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\Phoenix.exe, add a key called "InstallInfo".
In this key, add the following strings and values (values are after the "-")

Code: Select all

HideIconsCommand - "C:\Program Files\Phoenix\Uninstall-phoenix.exe" /ua "0.5+ (en)" /hs browser
ShowIconsCommand - "C:\Program Files\Phoenix\Uninstall-phoenix.exe" /ua "0.5+ (en)" /hs browser
ReinstallCommand - "C:\Program Files\Phoenix\phoenix.exe" -silent -nosplash -setDefaultBrowser

Then add the following DWORD

Code: Select all

IconsVisible
and set it to 1 (this toggles the "display program/allow program access/whatever checkbox)

It should be more or less the same for Minotaur, according to the Mozilla key in HKLM Software\Clients\Mail\. However, the key is called Mozilla and not Mozilla.exe (contrary to the Mozilla key in StartMenuinternet).
Minotaur has probably already created the key, but without the InstallInfo key.
warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

thanks. i suppose the uninstall-phoenix.exe is part of your installer? (as i don't have it)
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
seb

Post by seb »

Yes.
That said, I just used the uninstaller as a value because that's how Mozilla does it, but I'm almost certain I shouldn't.

Edit: Yeah, I really shouldn't. I'll make a tiny script to display/hide icons, instead of removing the whole program :)
djst

Post by djst »

seb wrote:Registering in both would be better :)
The keys warenhaus gave is the one I talked about when discussing about the installer with you a few days ago, David. Basically, registering Minotaur or Phoenix here will allow them to appear in the default programs that are accessible from the Add/Remove program window.
This: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/revi ... eta_03.gif

But is registering in HKCR also needed or is it redundant?
seb

Post by seb »

I don't know. I'll try with and without the key in HKCR when the Minotaur installer is done.
spark

Post by spark »

thumperward wrote:Ximian Evolution uses GTK+. Sylpheed Claws also uses GTK+. The fact that it has hideous scrollbars and refuses to obey system colours is a reflection of the state of GTK+ on Windows.

Somewhat off-topic, but try http://gtk-wimp.sourceforge.net/ if you want native-ish looking GTK+ on Windows. :mrgreen:
confused

Re: If Anyone Is Interested

Post by confused »

Same problem here....SMTP settings slip...(I would prefer a skin that I like but the functionality is all that counts). Just an end-user.
The download is large and it takes !Forever! to load...I have alot of room..Not a slow machine or connection problem..
Hints? Solutions? Help?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030407 (I like this build by the way)

zoohooter wrote:
Chris Cook wrote:
zoohooter wrote:I 'm using Win98SE platform. Downloaded the very large Minotaur for win32 zip file and attempted to execute the exe file, it alerts Zone Alarm that it wants access, after giving it the okay, sounds as though it is doing something and then nothing happens. It will not open and I' tried it several times. Each time though, it does appear as a running program and the only way to close it is the ctrl-alt-delete. Got rid of it after the last attempt failed.

Zo :(

Minotaur seems to take a LONG time to start up. Did you try waiting?

Yes I did, even downloaded the smaller version and get the same result. I guess I'll just have to wait for the official version :(