Multiple accounts

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Assuming what we already have is one email pop box per account, that is what I would prefer. (ala TheBat!, Becky, FoxMail)

The alternative, what the original poster wants, for all pops to go into one account is useless to me. (ala Eudora, and many others)

I know many people want this alternative though and would suggest the following solution as being better than deciding which method to be the default or such: just allow each account to retrieve mail from more than one POP. Some thought would need to go into whether a check mail request always checks all associated POPs for mail or if the user can specify just one to check, but it's not an especially complex addition.
XandreX

Re: Not really...

Post by XandreX »

Nostromo wrote:but I am afraid that if I change the prefs and I remove the mailboxes, Minotaur will crash!!
The application won't crash, but it will re-create the folders you deleted.
XandreX
I'm the kind of people your parents warned you about
Kurt

One mailbox for all mail accounts

Post by Kurt »

Users of OE or Pegasus are very common to this feature: All mails flow into one common mailbox. The problem you mention here concerning answering with the wrong identity does not exist, because each mail in the mailbox is marked with the mail account it comes from. When you answer it, it automatically takes the credentials of that certain mail account.

I have about 6 mailboxes I check regularly and having to click through six different places to see if there is new mail is simply too time consuming. Especially if there is an easy solution out there.

I can acceept, that IMAP boxes may be separated. But why can pop mail accounts not flow into one? Look at Pegasus, they recently made a simple add on with exactly that feature.
Kurt

YES!

Post by Kurt »

I agree! Do it and you get at least me as a new user!

Dunderklumpen wrote:I also vote for the possibility to choose - either have the accounts separated or to gather all mail in one account. I for one have several accounts and would like to have them all in the same inbox etc. etc. Then again - others just might not :-)