Mail & Calendar

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
rmohamm4

Mail & Calendar

Post by rmohamm4 »

Hey its my first post and I think its a great idea to split up the browser and mail prgrams.
I was just thinking that it would be pretty cool if the mail and calendar programs combined to provide a program more like outlook on windows or evolution on linux.
Does anyone else think think this is a good idea??
I know it would probably be alot of work but I figure it would be easier to do sooner then later.
_____
Ricky
djst

Post by djst »

The calendar could exist as a separate program just as well. Why integrate it with the mail client when it's not even necessary?

Of course, the calendar could work as an extension (for either Minotaur or Phoenix). You can install Calendar in Phoenix by visiting http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/ and install the latest trunk version. Then run Calendar by running

Code: Select all

phoenix.exe -calendar
alruiz

It doesn't install

Post by alruiz »

I installed the latest calendar version but it doesn't appear in the installed extensions.

I'm using the Px build from march 20th.

It says in the calendar page that if you use another theme other than the default one in mozilla, calendar might not work, does this apply to Px as well?

And finally, I think it's better to have the calendar as an extension for minotaur since usually you set your appointments most of the time from the mails you get.

Alex
moronicbajebus

Post by moronicbajebus »

I also want a calendar and email client and I used to think it would be a good idea to have them in one program. But with the changes with Mozilla and reading why I know think an extension for Calendar is the way to go.

But I do hope that it can become very intergrated with mail as an extension.