want mailto link to open Eudora NOT mozilla mail

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
rmoody

want mailto link to open Eudora NOT mozilla mail

Post by rmoody »

In Mozilla, when I click on a mailto link, Mozilla Mail opens. I do not want Mozilla Mail to open, I want Eudora to open. When I use IE, Eudora opens. I have the option in Mozilla for the use Mozilla as the default application checked off. My default mail application is Eudora. Why is this happening? Why is Mozilla acting like a M$ app in hoging the link? How do I change this?
scratch

Post by scratch »

set it to use the default mailto handler on the about:config page.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Doesn't work. Mozilla doesn't respect stuff like that. Phoenix and Minotaur do, mozilla's got a bug opened for it.

- Chris
rmoody

Post by rmoody »

Is there a version of this POS that either runs right or at least doesn't crash spontaneously while veiwing random web pages? This is starting to be pathetic. It used to not be much of a problem, but the more it happens the more it pisses me off. And what the hell is this stupid xpcom_compat.dll error message that pops up twice all the time? I am really at my limit with this.
Chris Cook

Post by Chris Cook »

rmoody wrote:Is there a version of this POS that either runs right or at least doesn't crash spontaneously while veiwing random web pages? This is starting to be pathetic. It used to not be much of a problem, but the more it happens the more it pisses me off. And what the hell is this stupid xpcom_compat.dll error message that pops up twice all the time? I am really at my limit with this.

Minotaur is not yet ready for use. It has not even been released as 0.1 yet. It is only made available so that people can find and report the bugs, some of which you have apparently found. Please try to keep that in mind.
jazzy

Wich version

Post by jazzy »

rmoody wrote:Is there a version of this POS that either runs right or at least doesn't crash spontaneously while veiwing random web pages? This is starting to be pathetic. It used to not be much of a problem, but the more it happens the more it pisses me off. And what the hell is this stupid xpcom_compat.dll error message that pops up twice all the time? I am really at my limit with this.

Could you post Mozilla's version you're currently running? It's weird, because i've used several (that includes alpha and beta releases) an never faced such strange behaviour...
Jazzy