So Let Me Get This Straight...

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
Emilio Lizardo

So Let Me Get This Straight...

Post by Emilio Lizardo »

Thunderbird was started to fix the problem of having two unrelated applications - web browser, email - welded together into one process under the original Mozilla.

So we now have Thunderbird - two unrelated applications - email, newsreader - welded together into one process?
tve

Post by tve »

no, Mozilla's Mail/News is now separated into a standalone Mail/News application, where's the problem? are you suggesting they should now also split Mozilla's Mail/News into two separate applications?
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
shill

Post by shill »

Just ignore him :P He is a Mozilla Newbie :P
Thumper

Re: So Let Me Get This Straight...

Post by Thumper »

Emilio Lizardo wrote:So we now have Thunderbird - two unrelated applications - email, newsreader - welded together into one process?

I suppose you want mail sending and mail recieving to be split into two separate applications too, given that they are unrelated?

- Chris
Emilio Lizardo

Post by Emilio Lizardo »

Gee, looks like Slashdot and MozillaZine have quite an overlap of posters from the responses in this thread.

Back to Eudora...
Hooded One

Post by Hooded One »

Newsreaders and mail clients use the same type of interface. Therefore, it would actually be more bloat to create a separate application with the exact same interface only to access a different protocol.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
SuSE Linux 9.2, Kernel 2.6.8, KDE 3.3.2
warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

thumperward wrote:
Emilio Lizardo wrote:So we now have Thunderbird - two unrelated applications - email, newsreader - welded together into one process?

I suppose you want mail sending and mail recieving to be split into two separate applications too, given that they are unrelated?
- Chris

sometimes i do: quickmail: http://pyric.org/qm/
(handy for the "mailto:"s)
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
Tony

Post by Tony »

We should call them Thunderbird 1 and Thunderbird 2 which will still leave room for three more sub-applications :-).