"sent items" folder

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
ataferner

"sent items" folder

Post by ataferner »

How can I display a column of the recipients of a message (and sort by it) when i am in the "sent items" folder?
tgnb
uggi

Post by uggi »

Go to: Tools -> Account Settings -> (your account) -> Copies & Folders.
Check the "Place a copy in" setting. It seems that only this folder will display the recipient column.
IMHO it would be better to be able to set the recipient column visible to *any* folder.
ataferner

eh?

Post by ataferner »

This setting is checked by default I believe, and all it does is copy your sent mail into the sent items folder.
When i am looking at my sent items there is a column entitled "sender". I can enable other columns but "recipient" doesn't seem to be one of them. Hence i am unable to sort my sent mail by the recipients.
tgnb
XandreX

Re: "sent items" folder

Post by XandreX »

tgnb wrote:How can I display a column of the recipients of a message (and sort by it) when i am in the "sent items" folder?
There's a mozMail bug filled in :
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36492 : "Optional separate Recipient and Sender columns in thread pane"
XandreX
I'm the kind of people your parents warned you about
ataferner

yup

Post by ataferner »

There are a few bugs filed about this. some deal with the fact that it would be nice to select both sender AND recipients columns in ANY folder. And other bug is about Tbd (moz mail) not correctly recognizing the sent folder on some IMAP servers, thus showing the wrong column. The workaround that was discussed and worked for me was to set the options to "Place a copy in" --> "other" and manually selecting the "sent items" folder.
tgnb