MozillaZine

Daily Thunderbird 2020 ( and Beyond. )

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
wsmwk

Post Posted June 26th, 2020, 3:04 am

Rabbit4 wrote:... any chance Thunderbird 78 will have a RC before the final ?

Because?
Or you could use the beta, which is what will ultimately be 78.0.

I plan to post the candidate build link next week in tb-planning, of all goes well. But it might not be the build we ultimately ship

Rabbit4

Post Posted June 26th, 2020, 3:23 am

wsmwk wrote:
Rabbit4 wrote:... any chance Thunderbird 78 will have a RC before the final ?

Because?
Or you could use the beta, which is what will ultimately be 78.0.

I plan to post the candidate build link next week in tb-planning, of all goes well. But it might not be the build we ultimately ship

thought i'd ask before i installed the Beta which i got in my downloads folder,

Rabbit4

Post Posted July 1st, 2020, 12:26 am

anyone else confirm this Bug in 78 Beta4? i setup a new install , instead of setting the profile up during the install likke it should do, i was again asked to make a Profile,

WaltS48

Post Posted July 1st, 2020, 2:54 pm

Rabbit4 wrote:anyone else confirm this Bug in 78 Beta4? i setup a new install , instead of setting the profile up during the install likke it should do, i was again asked to make a Profile,

I did not know Thunderbird set up a profile on installation. I have always created one when testing a release candidate.

If I didn't have many versions installed Thunderbird (only one installation) would create one when started.

You probably have a profile Thunderbird 78.0b4 can't use and do to the dedicated profile per installation feature need to create one for the 78.0b4.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

Rabbit4

Post Posted July 1st, 2020, 3:37 pm

WaltS48 wrote:
Rabbit4 wrote:anyone else confirm this Bug in 78 Beta4? i setup a new install , instead of setting the profile up during the install likke it should do, i was again asked to make a Profile,

I did not know Thunderbird set up a profile on installation. I have always created one when testing a release candidate.

If I didn't have many versions installed Thunderbird (only one installation) would create one when started.

You probably have a profile Thunderbird 78.0b4 can't use and do to the dedicated profile per installation feature need to create one for the 78.0b4.

well i deleted it an went to TB80 an had no issues like i did with TB78

Return to Thunderbird Builds