v97.0b1 position of Mail Toolbar

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Gone Postal

v97.0b1 position of Mail Toolbar

Post by Gone Postal »

In previous versions of TB on the main page I have the Menu Bar at the top, Mail Toolbar beneath then the tab bar and main body of the page. On v97.0b1 the Mail Toolbar has dropped to the bottom of the page below the main body.

Is there any way to restore the Mail Toolbar to its previous position below the Menu Bar?

Edit: Probably more appropriate under Thunderbird Builds if one of the mods could oblige.
tanstaafl

Re: v97.0b1 position of Mail Toolbar

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't know about the beta but that doesn't occur with the daily build (98.0a1) on my PC. It has some new user interface features such as a spaces toolbar and a status bar.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

@tanstaafl, Thanks.

Managed to find a solution which actually frees up some space and is nearly as good as the previous situation. The icons from the Mail Toolbar can be dragged onto the Menu Bar to the right of the Menu options and the Mail Toolbar then disabled so I can live with that while we find out whether it is a glitch with my set-up or the beta. Good to here that things seem to have reverted with the Daily.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Rise of the Tools add-on was causing problem. The add-on is designed to move the Mail Toolbar above the Tab bar rather than just below it. It is not compatible with v97 but was still enabled and was throwing the Mail Toolbar to the bottom of the page just above the Status Bar. Disable the add-on and the Mail Toolbar reverts to the standard position below the Tab Bar but above the main body of the page.