v103 "New message" icon missing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Gone Postal

v103 "New message" icon missing

Post by Gone Postal »

In previous versions I used to have a "New Message" icon showing in the Mail toolbar. This has disappeared in v103 and is not available in the pop-up when I go to "customise".

Does anyone know if this a generic bug in v103, has something gone belly up during the update on my system or is it a deliberate policy decision?

Any advice on how to get the icon back would be welcome.
Snake4

Re: v103 "New message" icon missing

Post by Snake4 »

you dont need the icon, just ' right click on the thunderbird icon in taskbar ' an select " write New Message "
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Snake4 wrote:you dont need the icon, just ' right click on the thunderbird icon in taskbar ' an select " write New Message "
I know I don't need the icon if I add an extra mouse movement to the game. If I was so minded I could add an extra mouse movement again and go File > New > Message. That is not what I am asking and why your post is not really helpful.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

I have 91.11.0 and 103.0b2 open on my desktop and don't see a "New Message" icon in the Mail toolbar in either of them, but do see a "Write" icon which opens a composition window when clicked.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

WaltS48 wrote:I have 91.11.0 and 103.0b2 open on my desktop and don't see a "New Message" icon in the Mail toolbar in either of them, but do see a "Write" icon which opens a composition window when clicked.
I think we are using different words but talking about the same thing. I do not see a "Write " icon either although I did in earlier builds.

PS This is on Windows 10.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

@WaltS48

Thanks for the nudge by letting me know that you could still see the icon.

After your hint I restarted in Safe Mode and the icon was back. Tracked the problem down to the Rise Of The Tools add-on. Disabled that add-on and the icon now shows.

Thanks for your help.