Thunderbird 115 Supernova Preview (beta 111)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Gone Postal

Re: Thunderbird 115 Supernova Preview (beta 111)

Post by Gone Postal »

wsmwk wrote:
Gone Postal wrote:Has 111 been pulled?

I'm still on 110b4. Yesterday going to About Thunderbird from the Help menu offered me 111b2. Just now it recorded that I am on 110b4 and that Thunderbird is up to date.
No, 111 was not pulled. But we had enough feedback that no further users were needed on 111. So we disabled updates.

112 will be available shortly. It is expected that updates will again be enabled
Thanks. Just for the record, TB is now offering me an update to 111.0b3.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

> TB is now offering me an update to 111.0b3

Yes. In the last half hour we changed the update rules in preparation for 112.
winapp2

Post by winapp2 »

lack of column sorting by header content in supernova is disappointing and feels like a large thing to overlook in a mail client. the column sorting is hidden in the view menu now
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

winapp2 wrote:lack of column sorting by header content in supernova is disappointing and feels like a large thing to overlook in a mail client. the column sorting is hidden in the view menu now
And
Ezh wrote:Have you tied the new TB 111 beta with new Supernova UI?

I'm disappointed at this stage. The mail density, columns. Hope it will be fixed in the next betas.
It would help to read the release notes.

These things were not overlooked. It has been stated, in multiple ways at the outset when the code first became available in beta, that there was more work planned to bring functionality and UI up to spec.

And that work will not be completed until approximate 114 if I remember correctly.
winapp2

Post by winapp2 »

I gathered as much but I feel like the header columns should be MVP for a page that displays only emails. But that's the risk we take running betas. I'm glad that the functionality has been retained even though its placement and associated keyboard shortcuts are a total mess. Overall I can tell this is a big step forward as was fx57 in the same ways. Just feels very "alpha" still to have landed in beta.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I have noticed that in whatever the current Beta version is that for my live.com account, deleting a message removes the message from the list and moves correctly to the next message, with the proper message displayed now. Which is great!

However, with my gmail account, the proper setting is to "mark the message as deleted", but when doing so, the next message is not selected. I must manually move to the next message. Again, probably something being worked on.

I applaud the efforts to date. The look and feel of the Supernova version is a welcome modernization. I cannot wait to see the final results!
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

You are correct - mark as deleted definitely needs more work