2003-05-03 Windows Build Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Fuzzle

Post by Fuzzle »

it seems to not save the state of my sorting. For example, I keep my mail sorted by the date, descending (newest on top). Each time I go back to a folder, the last message is still selected, but it's sorting in the default manner (Date, ascending).
Patik

Post by Patik »

I just submitted this bug

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204582

In newsgroups (haven't tested mail), clicking View > Messages > All in the Windows build does nothing. Basically, previously read messages are inaccessible.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Just a reminder, please don't post Thunderbird bugs in bugzilla. Post them in the bugs forum here for thunderbird. Those bugzilla bugs go to the hard working Mozilla mail folks who have nothing to do with thunderbird and we don't want to make them made giving them our bugs =).

Once we get past the alpha stage, we'll be moving into our own bugzilla component. We just aren't large enough of a project yet.

Even better, if you can reproduce the issue in mozilla mail then definetly file a bug in bugzilla =).
Thunderbirds are Go!
tseelee

Any ideas when that'll happen?

Post by tseelee »

When alpha will arrive, that is...Thanks.

[quote="mscott"]Just a reminder, please don't post Thunderbird bugs in bugzilla. Post them in the bugs forum here for thunderbird. Those bugzilla bugs go to the hard working Mozilla mail folks who have nothing to do with thunderbird and we don't want to make them made giving them our bugs =).

Once we get past the alpha stage, we'll be moving into our own bugzilla component. We just aren't large enough of a project yet.

Even better, if you can reproduce the issue in mozilla mail then definetly file a bug in bugzilla =).[/quote]
nilson

Post by nilson »

I have been reluctant to try Thunderbird, but I tried it anyway. I was that same way with what was Phoenix then. Let's just say that I've been pleasantly surprised. Really nice for a pre- 0.1 release- very nice. I think it needs more work in not being like Composer, but more like an e-mail app: Easier way to select the font you want, not just "Fixed width, Variable width, etc."
mscott

Post by mscott »

nilson wrote:I have been reluctant to try Thunderbird, but I tried it anyway. I was that same way with what was Phoenix then. Let's just say that I've been pleasantly surprised. Really nice for a pre- 0.1 release- very nice. I think it needs more work in not being like Composer, but more like an e-mail app: Easier way to select the font you want, not just "Fixed width, Variable width, etc."

Thanks for the positive feedback.
Thunderbirds are Go!
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

mscott wrote:we don't want to make them mad giving them our bugs

yeah, 'cause then everybody'd be sick and there'd really be no development going on.

sorry, i know i shouldn't've, but i couldn't resist.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover
rom

Post by rom »

mscott wrote:Just a reminder, please don't post Thunderbird bugs in bugzilla. Post them in the bugs forum here for thunderbird.

Are you saying that somebody among developers actually pays attention to our posts here?
RickyC1976

Post by RickyC1976 »

rom wrote:
mscott wrote:Just a reminder, please don't post Thunderbird bugs in bugzilla. Post them in the bugs forum here for thunderbird.

Are you saying that somebody among developers actually pays attention to our posts here?

mscott is one of the main developers of Thunderbird so I would think that developers pay attention to our posts here ;-)