2004-07-23 0.8 Test Builds Now Available for Testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
hansen

Post by hansen »

seems like the problems are in the nitpick, not thunderbird
Jubijub

Post by Jubijub »

what about tweaking the smtp servers configuration ???

Yesterday I had to fight to find the proper account : I have six accounts, and all of them require their own stmp with smpt auth...

The best part of it (ironic) is that the list keeps on reordering iteself, so you cannot rely on the order to choose the proper smpt...
i

Post by i »

hansen wrote:seems like the problems are in the nitpick, not thunderbird

And Your arguments for that is... ?

(If You read my whole post You can see that the problems ARE in TB.)
Nitpick: Icons for folders and mail lists: http://tberg.net/_/G.php3?page=MOZILLA/1 Image
wgianopoulos

Re: Bugs in build "version 0.7+ (20040803)"

Post by wgianopoulos »

i wrote:1. All read messages seems to have the status of "offline" (POP3 account). This was not the case with version 0.7. (I'm not sure if this is a bug or a correction, but in the latter case I want someone to explain to me what the state/atom "offline" really means...)(

I suspect this means that this message has been saved in the offline database so that it will be available when working offline.
i

Re: Bugs in build "version 0.7+ (20040803)"

Post by i »

wgianopoulos wrote:
i wrote:1. All read messages seems to have the status of "offline" (POP3 account). This was not the case with version 0.7. (I'm not sure if this is a bug or a correction, but in the latter case I want someone to explain to me what the state/atom "offline" really means...)(

I suspect this means that this message has been saved in the offline database so that it will be available when working offline.

Well, that (or something similar) was what I supposed "offline" meant. But POP3 mails is more or less by definition "availible offline" when accessible in TB... If the offline status will be used in this way then every mail, except IMAP mails that still is only at the server, will be "offline mails" !?

Hmm.. then I think I will mark the IMAP "online" mails specially rather than the offline ones.
Nitpick: Icons for folders and mail lists: http://tberg.net/_/G.php3?page=MOZILLA/1 Image
oliversl

Post by oliversl »

I love the new junk mail feature that makes TB to do not check for junk mails when opening a new folder.
What should I do if I marked some junk mails in a folder and want to reset all junk info of that folder, so TB will never scan for junk mail in that folder.
Thanks!
Get my e-mail after a captcha test in: http://tinymailto.com/oliversl
SixDW

Yes! Filters are working for me now

Post by SixDW »

DynaBMan wrote:I just downloaded the latest 0.8 nightly from this link. The filters are still broken when using the global inbox.

http://ftp27f.newaol.com/pub/mozilla.or ... atest-0.8/

I am using version 0.7+ (20040901) on Windows XP. I also had the problem with the filters not working. It seemed as if you could have with the global inbox enabled, or you could have filters, but not both - very frustrating. I found the solution that sounds like what the previous poster was saying, but that answer was not completely clear to me, so I thought I would post how I did it.
If you're like me, you have all of your email coming to the global inbox on "Local Folders" and probably deleted the inbox and other folders on your other accounts. In other words, I have many folders and they are all under "Local Folders." Now, since Local Folders is a "Special Account", there are no server settings options, and thus no way to create filters for that account. Thus, if you set your accounts to have mail go to the Global Inbox in the default way:

Tools>Account Settings>Server Settings>Advanced>Global Inbox (Local Folders Account), your filters will *not* work.

BUT - there is another way to accomplish the same thing and have your filters work. Instead of the default Global Inbox stetting, change each account option to "Inbox for a different account" and from the box choose Local Folders (which is just another way, really, of choosing the Global Inbox):

Tools>Account Settings>Server Settings>Advanced>Inbox for a different account>Local Folders

If you have deleted the inbox folders from your other accounts, of course Local folders will be your only choice under "Inbox for a different account" Under this method, each accounts messages come in, get processed through the filters for that account, and then the rest end up in the Global inbox just as before.
mwillse

Re: 2004-07-23 0.8 Test Builds Now Available for Testing

Post by mwillse »

mscott wrote:The quick search box in the main mail window has gotten a face list. It now contains a drop down box allowing you to pick the search criteria ...

Is it possible to customize this list?

"Sender or To" would allow you to quickly view the archived conversations you've had with someone.
design & fundraising for social justice
<a href="http://theCoup.org">theCoup.org</a>