2004-07-23 0.8 Test Builds Now Available for Testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

The progress bar draws outside its content area when you "get all messages", same goes for progress bar when sending mails - it goes outside the border of the window
It also seem to go on for a few seconds after the check is complete

You shouldn't be able to resize the options window, at least not to a point where it break layout (if you make it too small)

If you expand it, you get this error: http://pub.tsn.dk/screendumps/thunderbird.bug.jpg
h00ligan

Post by h00ligan »

wont' work for me.. try to launch it on my mac.. just bounces indefinately int eh dock not responding.

deleted prefs and profile info..

too bad! i want that global inbox
petsounds

Post by petsounds »

RickFriedman wrote:Hi Scott,

Great build but I have to tell you, I'm still having a problem when I click a link in an email.

Firefox is my default browser and it works fine with other mail clients. However, when I click a link in an email from within Thunderbird and Firefox is not already running, nothing happens. Firefox does not start up. If Firefox is already running when I click on a link within email, then the link opens in Firefox.

Any idea what is causing this problem of not starting up Firefox? It is truly annoying.

Rick

I have the same problem, I really hope it gets fixed for 0.8. It's annoying to have to make sure Firefox is open before I click on a link in a message.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Tom Sommer wrote:The progress bar draws outside its content area when you "get all messages", same goes for progress bar when sending mails - it goes outside the border of the window

Hmm I did just land a new undetermined progressmeter Friday night so that would be in 7/24 and 7/25 builds. What build date are you using?

Tom Sommer wrote:You shouldn't be able to resize the options window, at least not to a point where it break layout (if you make it too small)

I assume you were running wndows? This missing DTD error doesn't show up for me in the Windows 7/25 build. I know bryner checked something in that touched this Saturday night but it seems to be working today. Try updating again.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Kaleva

Re: view switching?

Post by Kaleva »

Aendruh wrote:Anyone else can not switch the view in options?

As of the latest test build (Windows installer - 7/25/04), I am having trouble setting many options using the Tools -> Options screen. For instance, I try to uncheck "Remember the last selected message", but it is still selected the next time I revisit the screen. Likewise, the "Window Configuration" setting has no effect (although setting it through View -> Layout works fine).
mscott

Post by mscott »

any errors in the JS console Kaleva?
Thunderbirds are Go!
Kaleva

Post by Kaleva »

mscott wrote:any errors in the JS console Kaleva?
Sure enough...

When I try to change "Remember...":

Error: registerCallback is not defined
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/pref-mailnews.js
Line: 11

When I try to set Thunderbird as my default (which it already is):
Error: onEnableMapi is not defined
owilsky

Thunderbird crashes

Post by owilsky »

Hi,

Thunderbird crashes everytime I do a search in MESSAGE BODY on the new search pane and there are no results. I am using it on an IMAP inbox.

I use TB 0.7+ (20040725).

Anybody else sees this (maybe it only occurs with IMAP?)
When searching for subject or sender it works.
I used the talkback function to post an error log.

Oliver
Oliver
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

mscott wrote:
Tom Sommer wrote:The progress bar draws outside its content area when you "get all messages", same goes for progress bar when sending mails - it goes outside the border of the window

Hmm I did just land a new undetermined progressmeter Friday night so that would be in 7/24 and 7/25 builds. What build date are you using?
version 0.7+ (20040725)

mscott wrote:
Tom Sommer wrote:You shouldn't be able to resize the options window, at least not to a point where it break layout (if you make it too small)

I assume you were running wndows? This missing DTD error doesn't show up for me in the Windows 7/25 build. I know bryner checked something in that touched this Saturday night but it seems to be working today. Try updating again.
Hrm, okay - I downloaded the file sunday
pocketkaos

Post by pocketkaos »

mscott:

Great work, by the way!

But here's a really annoying bug that's existed for a long time (several build versions). When using an IMAP account (I've used MailMax and MailSite servers), if you drag a message back to the Inbox from most any other folder, it will not appear in the Inbox. The only way to get it to show up is to quit the program and relaunch it.

Anyone else observe this?
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

If you expand it, you get this error: http://pub.tsn.dk/screendumps/thunderbird.bug.jpg
Still getting this in version 0.7+ (20040726), the progress thing is almost fixed: http://pub.tsn.dk/screendumps/thunderbird.bug2.jpg
JACooks

Post by JACooks »

pocketkaos wrote:mscott:

Great work, by the way!

But here's a really annoying bug that's existed for a long time (several build versions). When using an IMAP account (I've used MailMax and MailSite servers), if you drag a message back to the Inbox from most any other folder, it will not appear in the Inbox. The only way to get it to show up is to quit the program and relaunch it.

Anyone else observe this?

I tested this with my IMAP account from several subfolders, and it appeared in my inbox after a short pause while it hit the server.
whafro

Post by whafro »

My two problems so far:

1) I can't get the searching in 'message body' to work (as opposed to Find in Message). Does this only work with pop3 accounts or something?<br>
2) the search bar doesn't have a 'clear' button like it used to... major pain.

Otherwise, it's looking good
mscott

Post by mscott »

yeah it works for POP only since we have the message bodies for POP accounts. I haven't figured out how to hide it for IMAP yet.
Thunderbirds are Go!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Does the search box allow one to check of "Mark as unread" yet after reading from the selection in search?

This is a real bugger for me.