2003-05-08 Windows Build Available (Spell Checking)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

Sorry but I still don't see the UA string when I view all headers.
tve

Post by tve »

galapogos wrote:Sorry but I still don't see the UA string when I view all headers.

it's not always there for some reason, and sometimes it's referred to as "X-Mailer", as far as I can tell..

but you should be able to see the UA string in messages composed by you..?
<i>Latest Firefox Trunk & Thunderbird 1.0</i>
galapogos

Post by galapogos »

Ah, ok, I see it now. I was looking at my received mail.
mscott

Post by mscott »

tve wrote:hmm, just noticed that my UA string says I'm using 2003<b>0506</b>... yes, I have upgraded ;)

(build without spell checker)

noticed no other 'problems' so far, besides the already known ones..

I cheated and didn't do a full pull of mozilla which is why the date looks wrong. I was just grabbing some mailnew changes in this build. Sorry about that.
Thunderbirds are Go!
mscott

Post by mscott »

nilson wrote:Is there going to be an every-other-day release cycle? By the way, I like the fact that a lot of work gets done in a short period of time.

I doubt it. I spin up each of these builds by hand. I can either spend an evening working on thunderbird or making a nightly build. I only release a new windows build after I've actually gotten some work done on it.

Btw, I will be out of town until next Wednesday so don't look for new builds or replies from me in the forum until the end of next week. Hopefully things won't fall apart while I'm gone =).
Thunderbirds are Go!
smallcreep

Spellchecker

Post by smallcreep »

Tried adding the current en-GB.dic and en-GB.aff files to the components\myspell directory, but though the spellchecker seemed to recognise them, they refuse to work correctly, either detecting no errors or correcting according to US spellings. Is the multi-language feature not implemented yet, or is there a parameter somewhere I need to change?
mscott

Re: Spellchecker

Post by mscott »

smallcreep wrote:Tried adding the current en-GB.dic and en-GB.aff files to the components\myspell directory, but though the spellchecker seemed to recognise them, they refuse to work correctly, either detecting no errors or correcting according to US spellings. Is the multi-language feature not implemented yet, or is there a parameter somewhere I need to change?

All I can do is point you to the spell checker website:

http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/

That's all I know about it. Good luck.
Thunderbirds are Go!
WildCelt

Post by WildCelt »

galapogos wrote:How do you check your UA string, since there isn't a Help->About?

Could this be added? I am very quickly losing track of which build I am using, and a quick and easy way to find out would be a real plus!
GordMcFee

Post by GordMcFee »

WildCelt wrote:
galapogos wrote:How do you check your UA string, since there isn't a Help->About?

Could this be added? I am very quickly losing track of which build I am using, and a quick and easy way to find out would be a real plus!

I expect we won't see it until there is a full fledged build. Believe it or not, we are only at 0.1a.
Gord McFee
kansaki

Font problem

Post by kansaki »

I am using the 2003-04-16 build, it works fine for me :)
But when I tried the newest build, that is 2003-05-08, the font changed.
I was using a font for Chinese Characters in the 2003-04-16 build, but the 2003-05-08 build seems can't change to that font at all. I tried to use a new profile, but I still got that problem... :(

Hope you understand my poor English ^^"
Ghost Lamp
鬼燈
nilson

Post by nilson »

Actually, your English is very good.
ganlu

Yes, thunderbird is not good for chinese user.

Post by ganlu »

for something I know the latest 05-08build got a big performance improvemnet but worse chinese charactor support.
1, It can't support autodetect chinese. Anyway it works fine in 0416builds.
2, It displays my chinese(simplifed or tranditional) emails sender or header a mess.
3, It does better than the bat, but a long way to go if there is becky! in this field.
4, I get a strange Microsoft Visual C++ error message now, If I click for windowsxp startpanel/startmenu. But if I launch it form the install folder, nothing wrong. I am not sure it is a problem of thunderbird. I will check it out in the later.
THK for people has worked hard for this mail client. I use firebird as my default browser, and I hope i can use thunderbird that way too.
ganlu

Kansaki

Post by ganlu »

>but the 2003-05-08 build seems can't change to that font at all.
In display or composing.
kansaki

Post by kansaki »

I changed the font to a Traditional Chinese font everywhere I can make changes, but still no change at the place where I read mails.

I don't mean that it cannot display Chinese, but the font does not chnage, that's the problem.
Ghost Lamp
鬼燈