towards Thunderbird 1.0 ...

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

Greg K Nicholson wrote:sensemann, the graph's legend says the dotted red line shows open 0.9 bugs; but the arrow on the graph (pointing from the x-axis to the dotted red line) suggests the line represents unfixed 0.9 bugs. If the legend is right, the arrow should point to the dotted blue line instead of the axis.

Not in my point of view.

For me a bug is open until it's fixed (or WONTFIX). By this it is closed. There are 24 unfixed bugs targetted for 0.9, so the dotted red line is at 24 and counts from the x-axis. There are 19 fixed ones for 0.9, so the blue line is at 19, counting from the x-axis. Is it that hard to understand?
To get the total number of targetted bugs, you have to sum red and blue - red isn't placed on top of blue, so when they meet this doesn't mean that all bugs are fixed. Red simply has to drop to zero.
Man I thought finally with the arrows it would become clearer .. :P
: sensemann.com :
.:: Extensions :.
.:: Themes :.
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

F J Walter wrote:
fishbert wrote:So, reading the latest graph (as of this writing), a good number of 0.9-targeted bugs have been fixed, but a good number seem to also have been un-marked as 0.9-targeted (0.9 unfixed goes down about 15, but 0.9 fixed only goes up by about 10). Ok, not so bad... but the 1.0-targeted list stays right at 14 during that time. Shouldn't most of those 0.9-targeted bugs (which seem to have been pushed out) have become 1.0-targeted bugs?

If you are concerned you should take a look at the actual bugs. It may be that a fix to one bug made some other bugs irrelevant, or it may be that some bugs have been resolved in a way other than 'FIXED'. Also, as time goes by there is more pressure to remove blocking from bugs which are actually 'enhancements'. You should take up bug-watching - it's fun :)
Nah, I'm just curious... curious and lazy.
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

sensemann wrote:For me a bug is open until it's fixed (or WONTFIX). By this it is closed.
What about bugs that become marked as duplicates, invalid, etc.? Do they just disappear from the dotted-red?

sensemann wrote:To get the total number of targetted bugs, you have to sum red and blue - red isn't placed on top of blue, so when they meet this doesn't mean that all bugs are fixed. Red simply has to drop to zero.
What about perhaps instead having the total number of targeted bugs (open or closed), and the total number of closed targeted bugs? Not sure how easy/hard/desirable that would be, but it would give a better idea of the overall bug workload and percent complete status (and would look even more like the crap I see each week at work).
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I am still curious what happens to bugs when the blocking status is unchecked, but they have nowhere else to go. Do these bugs just hang out in the ether until someone rescusitates it?

There should be a future version to change the blocking status to.

Anyone else agree?
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

Well, bugs don't have to be marked as blockers in order to get fixed...
Greg K Nicholson

Post by Greg K Nicholson »

sensemann wrote:For me a bug is open until it's fixed (or WONTFIX). By this it is closed.
Oh aye. :oops: For some reason I was interpreting "open" as "ever opened".
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

fishbert wrote:
What about bugs that become marked as duplicates, invalid, etc.? Do they just disappear from the dotted-red?

They won't, since bugs that have a target have been looked at by the devs before which means they aren't dupes or invalids ;)
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

sensemann wrote:... bugs that have a target have been looked at by the devs before which means they aren't dupes or invalids ;)
Not necessarily...
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=245502
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

*sigh,

well ok, the green line counts the RESOLVED bugs, so this includes both fixes and dupes.
sithkhan

Post by sithkhan »

so ,where are we again wrt thunderbird 1.0?
Borut

Post by Borut »

Is it possible to plot small daily marks on date axis for easier orientation?
Or maybe date of last update.
Borut
eddanx

Post by eddanx »

Not much happening the last week according to the graph, have the devs taken an early christmas holiday? :)
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Thanks for the graph Senseman, I really appreciate you taking the time to produce it, and keep it up-to-date.
...Going to play FarmVille ...At least my Black sheep love me.
Scratch that... The crops are wilted, the fruit are rotting on the trees and the sheep have run away.
Toronto International Film Festival
flake

Post by flake »

Should this thread be made sticky?

It's starting to move down towards the bottom of the page, hard to find and all

~Jason
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Need to put the graph back in the picture.