TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
andreasp

Re: TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Post by andreasp »

Hello and thanks a lot for this skin!

I noticed a small problem regarding the format-buttons in the composer window. I am running rc1 under Win7/Aero btw.
The format buttons don't show up as expected because messengercompose.css under classic/aero/messenger/mesangercompose is still the version from the original rc1 archive I think.

I solved this by simply copying the messengercompose.css from classic/messenger/messengercompose into the aero location.

Thanks again!
Andreas
zamula

Post by zamula »

Thanks for the info -- I'll update the theme when I get a chance and make sure to include the latest CSS.
korisek

Post by korisek »

Hi and thank you for this great theme. Someone does, but I don't like the new aero inbox / outbox icons. Please add option to use old (previous) inbox/outbox icons like in original TB2 theme and everybody will be happy :) Thank you and sorry about my English.
sculptedstylus

Post by sculptedstylus »

Zamula - When I try to open or save/open TB3Classic-1.1.5.jar (or any other theme!) I get an "Invalid or Corrupt Jarfile" error message. Do you have any suggestions that I could try to fix this problem?
Neil Kalmanson
korisek

Post by korisek »

sculptedstylus wrote:Zamula - When I try to open or save/open TB3Classic-1.1.5.jar (or any other theme!) I get an "Invalid or Corrupt Jarfile" error message. Do you have any suggestions that I could try to fix this problem?

Rename *.jar to *.zip
jaymz668

Post by jaymz668 »

I was hoping this would help with the new "enhancement" of how new messages in a folder are displayed, and that it would add the starburst on those folders like TB2 did.

Instead I still see what is a bold black for unread email in a folder and unread bold dark dark blue for unread new mail in a folder.
as seen here

Any idea on how to fix this. Running on XP
zamula

Post by zamula »

jaymz668 wrote:I was hoping this would help with the new "enhancement" of how new messages in a folder are displayed, and that it would add the starburst on those folders like TB2 did.

Instead I still see what is a bold black for unread email in a folder and unread bold dark dark blue for unread new mail in a folder.
as seen here

Any idea on how to fix this. Running on XP

Does the same thing happen using the default theme, or is it only with mine?
jaymz668

Post by jaymz668 »

zamula wrote:Does the same thing happen using the default theme, or is it only with mine?

Same thing happens in the default theme, that's why I was looking at yours.
zamula

Post by zamula »

jaymz668 wrote:Same thing happens in the default theme, that's why I was looking at yours.

All my theme does is take the default and puts back many of the TB2 icons -- I don't change anything else so unfortunately I can't help provide what you want.
jaymz668

Post by jaymz668 »

zamula wrote:All my theme does is take the default and puts back many of the TB2 icons -- I don't change anything else so unfortunately I can't help provide what you want.

Ah, thanks anyway. Seems to me these new changes were designed without much testing, or people using it.
Heribert

Post by Heribert »

Love your "Classic" theme which elegantly combines all new functionality with the clarity of the TB2 default theme.

I am also using the Mail Redirect add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/550). Actually, the TB3 compliant version is available at http://downloads.mozdev.org/mailredirec ... 091118.xpi

However, when using it with TB3 and the "Classic" theme there are two shortcomings:
1. Even older (TB1 theme) icons are added to the messages list for those mails that have been bounced. Doesn't visually integrate to well. How can I change this image?
2. I cannot add the "redirect" button to the message menu bar only to the main menu bar which leaves "redirect" as the only message-related button up there. Any idea how to overcome this?

Any ideas and suggestions are warmly welcome.

Happy holidays!
Heribert
zamula

Post by zamula »

Heribert wrote:Love your "Classic" theme which elegantly combines all new functionality with the clarity of the TB2 default theme.

I am also using the Mail Redirect add-on (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/550). Actually, the TB3 compliant version is available at http://downloads.mozdev.org/mailredirec ... 091118.xpi

However, when using it with TB3 and the "Classic" theme there are two shortcomings:
1. Even older (TB1 theme) icons are added to the messages list for those mails that have been bounced. Doesn't visually integrate to well. How can I change this image?
2. I cannot add the "redirect" button to the message menu bar only to the main menu bar which leaves "redirect" as the only message-related button up there. Any idea how to overcome this?

Any ideas and suggestions are warmly welcome.

Happy holidays!
Heribert

Ugh, unfortunately again this is beyond me. If someone else knows the source of these images in the jar file, perhaps I could update it. But as I've stated before, all my theme does is overlay some of the new icons with the ones from the original TB2 theme. I don't know where the bounced image comes from, and for the "redirect" image, I'd probably need help from the extension developer for that. I wish I could do more to help.

However, I will try to make the the time to update my theme with the last round of stuff from the default 3.0 theme, which maybe will take care of a few issues.
zamula

Post by zamula »

korisek wrote:Hi and thank you for this great theme. Someone does, but I don't like the new aero inbox / outbox icons. Please add option to use old (previous) inbox/outbox icons like in original TB2 theme and everybody will be happy :) Thank you and sorry about my English.

For this I'd have to create two versions of the theme, which considering my lack of time lately, I'm reluctant to do. However, if there is enough interest from others, I might be inclined to do so. Personally I have come to prefer the new inbox/outbox icons though (which I why I implemented that particular suggestion).
korisek

Post by korisek »

zamula wrote:
korisek wrote:Hi and thank you for this great theme. Someone does, but I don't like the new aero inbox / outbox icons. Please add option to use old (previous) inbox/outbox icons like in original TB2 theme and everybody will be happy :) Thank you and sorry about my English.

For this I'd have to create two versions of the theme, which considering my lack of time lately, I'm reluctant to do. However, if there is enough interest from others, I might be inclined to do so. Personally I have come to prefer the new inbox/outbox icons though (which I why I implemented that particular suggestion).

I already changed icons by myself. Changed theme can be downloaded at http://www.kori.cz/misc/tb3.html. I can change all future versions and make available for download if it's not a problem...
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

korisek wrote:
zamula wrote:

I already changed icons by myself. Changed theme can be downloaded at http://www.kori.cz/misc/tb3.html. I can change all future versions and make available for download if it's not a problem...

I like your return to the TB2 icons. I will use your modified theme instead of the standard zamula version! Thanx!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18