TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
zamula

Re: TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Post by zamula »

korisek wrote:I already changed icons by myself. Changed theme can be downloaded at http://www.kori.cz/misc/tb3.html. I can change all future versions and make available for download if it's not a problem...

Could you let me know exactly which images files are now different -- the next time I update the theme I'll try to maintain both versions.
korisek

Post by korisek »

zamula wrote:
korisek wrote:I already changed icons by myself. Changed theme can be downloaded at http://www.kori.cz/misc/tb3.html. I can change all future versions and make available for download if it's not a problem...

Could you let me know exactly which images files are now different -- the next time I update the theme I'll try to maintain both versions.

I only replaced messenger\icons\folder.png with original TB2 file.
zamula

Post by zamula »

Version 1.1.6 has been updated to incorporate the latest default CSS changes etc. Please note it will only work with 3.1a1 and later!

I've also split 1.1.6 and 1.1.5 into two versions, one with the new TB3 style Inbox/Outbox, and another with the old TB2 style.
Last edited by zamula on January 19th, 2010, 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

zamula wrote:I've finally updated the theme to incorporate the latest default CSS changes etc.

There are also now two versions, one with the new TB3 style Inbox/Outbox, and another with the old TB2 style.

I'm getting an installation error for both themes on my system. They also caused the default theme to show an error after installing. When choosing to use the default theme, the error for the default theme goes away but the error for your theme(s) remain. I went back to v1.1.5 for now. I've attached screenshots. I'm using the CompactHeader 1.1.5 Beta 5 and Extra Folder Columns 0.4 add-ons.

Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
zamula

Post by zamula »

I based my latest update off of 3.1a1, and I get the same error when using the 3.0.x builds.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

zamula wrote:I based my latest update off of 3.1a1, and I get the same error when using the 3.0.x builds.

OK, good to know! I see you made note of it on the first page. This will make sure others don't try using it on 3.0. I'll stick with 1.1.5. You should probably still supply a link to 1.1.5 for those still using TB 3.0. It'll probably be a while till we see TB 3.1 final. Just curious, why don't you have an AMO page for your themes?
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
zamula

Post by zamula »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:OK, good to know! I see you made note of it on the first page. This will make sure others don't try using it on 3.0. I'll stick with 1.1.5. You should probably still supply a link to 1.1.5 for those still using TB 3.0. It'll probably be a while till we see TB 3.1 final. Just curious, why don't you have an AMO page for your themes?

The reason I never made an AMO page is this project is completely a hobby and my time available for it is very sporadic. Eventually I planned to make an AMO page but just never got around to it.

By the way, I seem to have lost all of my copies of 1.1.5. Could you re-upload somewhere so I can put the link back on the first page? Thanks!
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

zamula wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:OK, good to know! I see you made note of it on the first page. This will make sure others don't try using it on 3.0. I'll stick with 1.1.5. You should probably still supply a link to 1.1.5 for those still using TB 3.0. It'll probably be a while till we see TB 3.1 final. Just curious, why don't you have an AMO page for your themes?

The reason I never made an AMO page is this project is completely a hobby and my time available for it is very sporadic. Eventually I planned to make an AMO page but just never got around to it.

By the way, I seem to have lost all of my copies of 1.1.5. Could you re-upload somewhere so I can put the link back on the first page? Thanks!

I understand. It would take a lot of time to keep up a dedicated page. I admire all the work add-on developers do to make our lives more enjoyable! Below is a link to v1.1.5 (the file contains both versions, TB2IO by korisek and TB3IO files for v1.1.5). I renamed the files to correspond to your new nomenclature for v1.1.6. Please don't link to the file for any long period of time. The file will only be available for about 5 weeks.

TB3 Classic 1.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
zamula

Post by zamula »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:I understand. It would take a lot of time to keep up a dedicated page. I admire all the work add-on developers do to make our lives more enjoyable! Below is a link to v1.1.5 (the file contains both versions, TB2IO by korisek and TB3IO files for v1.1.5). I renamed the files to correspond to your new nomenclature for v1.1.6. Please don't link to the file for any long period of time. The file will only be available for about 5 weeks.

Thanks so much! I'll re-upload and link on the first page.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

zamula wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:I understand. It would take a lot of time to keep up a dedicated page. I admire all the work add-on developers do to make our lives more enjoyable! Below is a link to v1.1.5 (the file contains both versions, TB2IO by korisek and TB3IO files for v1.1.5). I renamed the files to correspond to your new nomenclature for v1.1.6. Please don't link to the file for any long period of time. The file will only be available for about 5 weeks.

Thanks so much! I'll re-upload and link on the first page.

Glad to help out! :)
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
korisek

Post by korisek »

Thanks for update. My version is no longer needed, I deleted the page.
zamula

Post by zamula »

Version 1.1.7 has been uploaded to add compatibility with 3.1b1pre.
scott1x

Post by scott1x »

Love it! Love it! LOVE IT!!!

Need I say more?

Thanks SO much!
:mrgreen:
zamula

Post by zamula »

Thanks for the praise! And just so everyone knows, I'll provide an update close to the release of 3.1 to incorporate any final changes from the default theme.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Have a look at bug 564280 if you want to get rid of the Vista/W7-like styling of the new quick-search filter bar in your next update (that patch only removes it for non-default Windows desktop themes, but could be easily adapted).