TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Bozz

Re: TB3 "Classic" theme to restore old icon set and more...

Post by Bozz »

zamula...the new AOM is landing(has landed) in the latest trunk. It will eventually move to it's own tab.

Using the classic theme over-rides or doesn't let the AOM display it's own styling. That may sound contradicting being that the theme is for the old "classic" style.

Is there something that can be edited in the theme or added to userChrome.css that would allow the new AOM to use it's own styling?
zamula

Post by zamula »

My time is rather limited at this point and I haven't even looked at the trunk builds. I will provide an update for 3.1, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to look at 3.2. However, my changes to produce the theme mainly consist of icon replacements, so it probably wouldn't be hard for someone else to overlay my changes onto the 3.2 default theme.
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Okay. I understand. Thanks for replying.
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

zamula, I figured out what I needed to do. Actually the only icons I use are for the format bar and smilies. I use text only for all the toolbars. I'm good to go for now.

Thanks for all your work with the theme. I really appreciated having it available.
The Doc

Post by The Doc »

First of all: Great theme. :mrgreen:

My question: Is there any ETA for the update of the theme? Thanks for your time. :)
zamula

Post by zamula »

I appreciate all the thanks from everyone, and I know an update is definitely overdue! It's just currently I'm swamped with work and time is very tight, but I will try to get to within the next week or so though.
hdfssk

Post by hdfssk »

Where on earth is this theme kept now? I’ve just searched for 15 mins and find references to 1.1.7, but no links.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

hdfssk wrote:Where on earth is this theme kept now? I’ve just searched for 15 mins and find references to 1.1.7, but no links.

The links are in the first post in this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=7133155#p7133155

(TB3 Inbox/Outbox) http://www.sendspace.com/file/gdhx6g

(TB2 Inbox/Outbox) http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8mpph
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
hdfssk

Post by hdfssk »

Thank you!
zamula

Post by zamula »

And although my update is very much overdue, I haven't forgotten. Fortunately work should be slowing down, so I should have some time in the next couple of weeks.
DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Problem with TB3 Classic (TB2 Inbox/Outbox) 1.1.7

I have my monitor resolution set at 800x600 because of my tired, old eyes. I have Tbird set for [View > Layout > Wide View].

If I do a search (Ctrl-F), the Quick Filter Bar (on the right, just above the header pane) extends too far to the right, off the edge of the screen. The header pane similarly extends too far to the right, cutting off the header dates and hiding any stars.
The Doc

Post by The Doc »

zamula wrote:And although my update is very much overdue, I haven't forgotten. Fortunately work should be slowing down, so I should have some time in the next couple of weeks.

Are there any new developments regarding a new version or is this thing dead? :-k
Diorser

Post by Diorser »

I've finally switched yesterday from TB2 to TB3 and I am also trying to find a solution for the ugly icons of TB3.
Few questions:

1 - is there a justification for introducing these ugly TB3 icons (inspired by windows 95 ?)

For all of those frustrated by the GUI "improvements" in TB3 (especially those hideous new icons), I've created a theme for Windows users that adds back most of the icons from TB2

2 - There are some css mistakes in "www.sendspace.com/file/s8mpph" theme applied in linux environment, especially in sub-menus of the toolbar.
TB3 is not a windows specific program, and I wonder why a TB theme needs to be dedicated to windows.
What should be modified for linux ?

3 - in parallel, I've spent some time to modify the default classic.jar TB3 theme by trying to replace some icons.
Does somebody know where are the left panel folders icons ? (surprisingly quite hidden).

4 - in order to avoid losing too much time with these ugly icons, is it planned to have an official theme to get TB2 icons in TB3 ?

Thanks.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Diorser wrote:1 - is there a justification for introducing these ugly TB3 icons (inspired by windows 95 ?)

No, those are supposed to follow Gnome's Tango style.

Diorser wrote:4 - in order to avoid losing too much time with these ugly icons, is it planned to have an official theme to get TB2 icons in TB3 ?

Not that I know of, maintaining the TB2 icon set will have to rely on volunteer contributors like zamula...
Diorser

Post by Diorser »

rsx11m wrote:No, those are supposed to follow Gnome's Tango style..
Who really care of gnome cosmetic today, which still reminds windows 95 style.
If Mozilla choose to follow linux environments, better choose KDE4 style.
Nobody was complaining of TB2 icons, and choosing the worse icons you can imagine for TB3 just sounds ridiculous.
Now, Mozilla is so rich, why is it so hard to find one man.hour developer to propose an official TB3 theme with TB2 icons ?
Mozilla is often difficult to understand.