Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
KitchM

Re: Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Post by KitchM »

Just started Thunderbird 60.7.0 with Compact Header 2.1.6 on Debian Buster. The header is not compacted, and there is no little plus or minus in the top left corner to do the job. It worked fine yesterday and there was absolutely no changes which I can think of.
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

I just tested it using Windows, and it seems to work. Was the addon deactivated automatically? Have you tried (re)installing it (e. g. from the search within the addon manager)?
adric

Post by adric »

Any plans for this working with Thunderbird 68?

I tried it with the TB68b2 and it won't install. No wonder so many addon Devs have simply given up because the Moz Devs keep changing an breaking things.
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Please go to the first page/message of this thread. There you can find verion 3.0.0beta1 (or newer) which should run with Thunderbird 68.0
adric wrote:Any plans for this working with Thunderbird 68?

I tried it with the TB68b2 and it won't install. No wonder so many addon Devs have simply given up because the Moz Devs keep changing an breaking things.
Cai

Post by Cai »

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thund ... easenotes/

Thunderbird 69.0beta has been released.
Could you update compatibility information on ATN?

3.0.0beta1 is set to "Thunderbird 68.0 - 68.*"
MozillaZine.jp site admin
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

3.0.0beta1 is not compatible with Thunderbird 69.
Cai wrote:https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thund ... easenotes/

jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Please try the new version 3.0.0beta2. It should work with Thunderbird 69.0

Cai

Post by Cai »

Thank you for quick updating!

I Installed and tested version 3.0.0beta2 with Thunderbird 69.0b2 x64 on WIn10 1903 x64.

It works, however, labels of buttons are shown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjdexxkhg55u2 ... m.png?dl=0
jmozmoz wrote:Please try the new version 3.0.0beta2. It should work with Thunderbird 69.0

jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

This is a problem of Thunderbird itself, because the header pane toolbar cannot be customized anymore. So I now hard coded the buttons to only show icons in compact view.
Cai wrote:Thank you for quick updating!

I Installed and tested version 3.0.0beta2 with Thunderbird 69.0b2 x64 on WIn10 1903 x64.

jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

:-D :lol: :banana: :turn-l: Juhu, 1000 posts and 10 years!
Cai

Post by Cai »

3.0.0beta3 works fine.
jmozmoz wrote:This is a problem of Thunderbird itself, because the header pane toolbar cannot be customized anymore. So I now hard coded the buttons to only show icons in compact view.
Cai wrote:Thank you for quick updating!

Congratulations :-D \:D/
jmozmoz wrote::-D :lol: :banana: :turn-l: Juhu, 1000 posts and 10 years!
JimDeadlock

Post by JimDeadlock »

I've found a minor bug in version 3.0.0beta3 on TB 68.2.0 (on Arch Linux if that matters).

When CompactHeaders is enabled it's not possible to drag new buttons onto the message pane when customizing the toolbar - it's possible to drag them OFF but it refuses to add new buttons. The main toolbar works fine, it's just the message window that's awry.
sootsnoot

The Reply button needs an option or button for Reply All

Post by sootsnoot »

This is from memory,so I'm not sure exactly what versions of either Tbird or the extension I'm remembering. But I believe there were separate buttons for Reply or Reply All (the Reply All button was suppressed when there was only one recipient). And as I recall, there was only one Forward button, which just took the default action for forwarding inline or as an attachment.

It appears that the current version (3.0.0beta3) under Tbird 68.2.1 now has an option dropdown on the Forward button to select inline vs attachment, yay! :D But it has removed the ability to specify Reply vs Reply All, boo! :cry: As far as I can tell, in order to get a Reply All, you have to resort to the keyboard and use Ctrl-Shift-R. Can you please bring back the choice - doesn't matter to me whether it's a separate button as it was previously, or is an option dropdown as used on the Forward button.

Thanks!
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

JimDeadlock wrote:I've found a minor bug in version 3.0.0beta3 on TB 68.2.0 (on Arch Linux if that matters).

When CompactHeaders is enabled it's not possible to drag new buttons onto the message pane when customizing the toolbar - it's possible to drag them OFF but it refuses to add new buttons. The main toolbar works fine, it's just the message window that's awry.
I tested this with 68.2.2 and I was able to add buttons to the toolbar. Perhaps it helps to restore the default first?
jmozmoz

Re: The Reply button needs an option or button for Reply All

Post by jmozmoz »

You should be able to modify the buttons shown in the toolbar in the header by right cliking on one of the buttons and then select customize.
sootsnoot wrote:This is from memory,so I'm not sure exactly what versions of either Tbird or the extension I'm remembering. But I believe there were separate buttons for Reply or Reply All (the Reply All button was suppressed when there was only one recipient). And as I recall, there was only one Forward button, which just took the default action for forwarding inline or as an attachment.

It appears that the current version (3.0.0beta3) under Tbird 68.2.1 now has an option dropdown on the Forward button to select inline vs attachment, yay! :D But it has removed the ability to specify Reply vs Reply All, boo! :cry: As far as I can tell, in order to get a Reply All, you have to resort to the keyboard and use Ctrl-Shift-R. Can you please bring back the choice - doesn't matter to me whether it's a separate button as it was previously, or is an option dropdown as used on the Forward button.

Thanks!