Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
jmozmoz

Re: Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Post by jmozmoz »

DickA wrote:In CompactHeader 2.0.8: Is there a way to display LISTS before Individual Contacts (in the left pane)? I have a lot of contacts and lists, which makes it much too difficult to find the lists (which is what I usually use).

I am not sure what you mean, but it sounds like it is not related to CompactHeader.
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

All translations at Babelzilla (with the exception of German) have been "open". I changed the Japanese translation to the status "needs review". Is this what I should do (I do not really understand the system at Babelzilla)? Also I did not get any notification from the board there? Where is it?

Thank you for your help!

Cai wrote:@jmozmoz

Hi, as I said before in Babelzilla Board shortly after release of 2.0.9beta1, still there is a problem in 2.0.9beta2.

View->Header menu entry has a accesskey.
This is "コ" in ja-JP.
"コ" is the first letter of the label "コンパクト", however, it is impossible to input "コ" in usual ways as a accesskey.
("コ" is a katakana and it is necessary to use IME to input "コ")

Please change CompactHeader_compactMenu.accesskey from "コ" to "C" (same as en-US) or make it enabled to be translated on Babelzilla.

Other languages seem to have a same problem.
TysonsTiger

Post by TysonsTiger »

Is there a chance to use the Thunderbird Addons "CompactHeader" and "Thunderbird Conversations" simultaneously?
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Sorry, but this looks to complicated to implement. Also I do not really see the advantage. Conversations already uses reduced headers.
TysonsTiger wrote:Is there a chance to use the Thunderbird Addons "CompactHeader" and "Thunderbird Conversations" simultaneously?
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

TysonsTiger wrote:Is there a chance to use the Thunderbird Addons "CompactHeader" and "Thunderbird Conversations" simultaneously?

Do you find the don't work together well?
Paenglab

Post by Paenglab »

jmozmoz, I know you are on cc list of bug 511625, but I want to remind nevertheless that CompactHeader needs a change to work with TB 36.
Nuvola theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Yes, I know. There is a (somehow) working version at https://github.com/jmozmoz/compactheade ... anch36.0a1
Paenglab wrote:jmozmoz, I know you are on cc list of bug 511625, but I want to remind nevertheless that CompactHeader needs a change to work with TB 36.
Cai

Post by Cai »

2.1.0b3 seems to work fine with Thunderbird 36.0b1 (release note has not published yet, but binary is already on ftp) on Win 7 even though install.rdf of 2.1.0b3 says it is compatible with 37.0a1 - 38.0.
Any problem with 36?
MozillaZine.jp site admin
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

The problem is, that if you remove the other action button from the header pane toolbar, Thunderbird will crash at the next start. It does not matter if you do this in the 3-pane window or in a message window. This was fixed by a patch of Thunderbird which was first applied in the 37.0 branch.

Cai wrote:2.1.0b3 seems to work fine with Thunderbird 36.0b1 (release note has not published yet, but binary is already on ftp) on Win 7 even though install.rdf of 2.1.0b3 says it is compatible with 37.0a1 - 38.0.
Any problem with 36?
staghavi

Post by staghavi »

Hi
Thanx for your great addon,
But just Change your minVersion to 36, please
(I did it manually in install.rdf to install the compactheader-2.1.0beta3-tb.xpi in Thunderbird 36 beta).
staghavi

Post by staghavi »

If you mean this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=511625
It says Target Milestone: Thunderbird 36.0

jmozmoz wrote:The problem is, that if you remove the other action button from the header pane toolbar, Thunderbird will crash at the next start. It does not matter if you do this in the 3-pane window or in a message window. This was fixed by a patch of Thunderbird which was first applied in the 37.0 branch.

Cai wrote:2.1.0b3 seems to work fine with Thunderbird 36.0b1 (release note has not published yet, but binary is already on ftp) on Win 7 even though install.rdf of 2.1.0b3 says it is compatible with 37.0a1 - 38.0.
Any problem with 36?
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

The bug you referenced cause a new one: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1113610
And unfortunately, is is only fixed in 37.0a1 (and following). I found 36.0b1 in the release candidates' directory on the ftp server. It will run as long as you do not remove the other action button from the toolbar. I uploaded a new beta version of CompactHeader which reduced the minVersion to 36.0.
staghavi wrote:If you mean this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=511625
It says Target Milestone: Thunderbird 36.0

jmozmoz wrote:The problem is, that if you remove the other action button from the header pane toolbar, Thunderbird will crash at the next start. It does not matter if you do this in the 3-pane window or in a message window. This was fixed by a patch of Thunderbird which was first applied in the 37.0 branch.

Any problem with 36?
BillMullin

Post by BillMullin »

2.1.1beta1 still does not solve the problem with disappearing Subjects. This is with TB 38.1.0 - the problem is shown below"

If you'd like me to test fixes, send a PM and I'll forward my E-mail info.

Thanks!
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

sorry but I cannot reproduce this. Do you see anything in the error console? Does this happen in the main window or in a separate message window? Does it happen with all other add-ons disabled/uninstalled? Have you tried to reset the header toolbar buttons?

BillMullin wrote:2.1.1beta1 still does not solve the problem with disappearing Subjects. This is with TB 38.1.0 - the problem is shown below"

If you'd like me to test fixes, send a PM and I'll forward my E-mail info.

Thanks!
BillMullin

Post by BillMullin »

jmozmoz wrote:sorry but I cannot reproduce this. Do you see anything in the error console? Does this happen in the main window or in a separate message window? Does it happen with all other add-ons disabled/uninstalled? Have you tried to reset the header toolbar buttons?

I just tried it again and there were all kinds of errors in the error console. Here's a sample:

In answer to your questions:

Both main and separate windows.

I disabled all other add-ons and still had the problem.

When I had the problem the 3rd and 4th parameters were checked with the tool bar at TOP. I reversed all 5 of the parameters and the problem was solved. I then played around with the parms and found if only the first was checked, no problem, but then I'm now showing 2 lines of header which is not what I want.

Hopefully I've given you enough information to solve the problem! :)

- Bill