Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
jmozmoz

Re: New addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird 3.0

Post by jmozmoz »

Rod Whiteley wrote:I have not been following this thread, so I am not sure that this is relevant, but it seems to me that perhaps a folder listener might be the way to get notification when something changes in a folder.

Thank you very much. By using a folder listener I was able to get it to work (version 1.1.5-beta1).

Please test.
asdasdasdasdasd

Post by asdasdasdasdasd »

jmozmoz wrote:Please help to add translations for this add-on (see below).

Italian:

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY hideDetailsButton.label "Nascondi dettagli">
<!ENTITY toggleDetails.key "h">
<!ENTITY showDetailsButton.label "Mostra dettagli">
<!ENTITY dialog.title "Preferenze di CompactHeader">
<!ENTITY checkbox.Compact.TwolineView.caption "Mostra due linee nella visualizzazione compatta">
<!ENTITY menu.Linkify.caption "Link nell'oggetto dei feed RSS">
<!ENTITY menu.ShowOnlyAddress.caption "Mostra solo l'indirizzo">
<!ENTITY menu.flatButtons.caption "Pulsanti piani">
proftech

Post by proftech »

I recently installed your extension CompactHeader 1.1.4 for TB 3.0 [release version]. I like your extension, however when I right click on the header and click customize I can remove items from the toolbar but I am unable to add any item from the "picker" dialog. When I attempt to drag something to the toolbar I get the black circle and it won't let me do it. Running XP SP2. I also tried your beta version 1.1.5 beta-1

Thanks,
proftech

Post by proftech »

I would like to replace the "Reply" button in the header with the one with the "reply-with-dropdown" that is shown in your customize dialog but when ever I try to drag anything from the customize dialog to the header I get the black circle and it won't let me do it. I can remove items from the header toolbar but cannot add. Using XP sp2 and the 1.1.5 beta version of your extension.
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

proftech wrote:I would like to replace the "Reply" button in the header with the one with the "reply-with-dropdown" that is shown in your customize dialog but when ever I try to drag anything from the customize dialog to the header I get the black circle and it won't let me do it. I can remove items from the header toolbar but cannot add. Using XP sp2 and the 1.1.5 beta version of your extension.

Have you tried to drop the buttons in the dark gray area around the other buttons? If you have removed all buttons you can get the standard set back by pressing the corresponding button in the customization dialog.
If this is not working, do you see any error messages in the error console (Tools->Error Console)?
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

asdasdasdasdasd wrote:
jmozmoz wrote:Please help to add translations for this add-on (see below).

Italian:

Thank you very much. I will include it in the next release.
proftech

Post by proftech »

jmozmoz wrote:
proftech wrote:I would like to replace the "Reply" button in the header with the one with the "reply-with-dropdown" that is shown in your customize dialog but when ever I try to drag anything from the customize dialog to the header I get the black circle and it won't let me do it. I can remove items from the header toolbar but cannot add. Using XP sp2 and the 1.1.5 beta version of your extension.

Have you tried to drop the buttons in the dark gray area around the other buttons? If you have removed all buttons you can get the standard set back by pressing the corresponding button in the customization dialog.
If this is not working, do you see any error messages in the error console (Tools->Error Console)?

Looks like that did the trick. I didn't suspect that I would have to initially place it very close to the other icon[s]. Great add-on.
sternbyname

Post by sternbyname »

Hi
I had the problem with the header disappearing when put from full to compact and back to full. It was caused by a clash with add-on 'TB Header Tools' - which doesn't work anyway currently. Sorry for the false error report.
Pablo
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Seems like this extension is not compatible with Enigmail completely:

The [+] on the openPGP bar does not have any function (as it is not needed).
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

Tuxman wrote:Seems like this extension is not compatible with Enigmail completely:

The [+] on the openPGP bar does not have any function (as it is not needed).

It seem like the [+] of the openPGP bar is there (and does nothing) even if CompactHeader is disabled. So I do not see what should be changed in CompactHeader.
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

Hm, so they are not related? Never noticed that before. ... Nevermind then, I apologize.
jamienkk

Post by jamienkk »

Mac issues using latest 1.1.5b2:

* The toggle [+] is cropped of a bit on the top and bottom:

* The icon sizes are not consistant
and also note above, the date appears twice
proftech

Post by proftech »

I like your extension but I have a question. Isn't the "SmartReply" button [the one with the dropdown] part of your add on and not part of Thunderbird? If so, is there a way to set it so "Reply" is the default and not "Reply all"? I have seen some posts where others have said they dislike Thunderbirds choice to make "Reply All" the default and I agree. If I want to reply to all it should be a requirement to click the dropdown. This is the only thing stopping me from using your addon.
limp

Post by limp »

Overall, a wonderful extension. But for some reason the drop-down arrow on the Reply button does nothing. All the other drop-down arrows work fine. Anyone else have this problem?
jmozmoz

Post by jmozmoz »

jamienkk wrote:Mac issues using latest 1.1.5b2:

* The toggle [+] is cropped of a bit on the top and bottom:

* The icon sizes are not consistant
and also note above, the date appears twice

Could you please post a screenshot with all buttons shown in the header pane (please add them from the customization dialog (right mouse button)).

If you are familiar with userChrome.css files, could you please create one with the following content:

Code: Select all

#header-view-toolbox .toolbarbutton-1 .toolbarbutton-icon {
  min-height: 16px !important;
  height: 16px;
  width: 16px;
}

This should set all icons to the same (small) size. If it works I will add it to the next release of CompactHeader. Thank you!

I cannot explain the problem with the date. Have you installed any other add-ons which might responsible for this (e.g. ConfigDate).