2003-07-23 Windows, GTK2 Linux, OSX Builds Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
alexbender

Post by alexbender »

Kerrick wrote:I'm still seeing the minor bug where when you empty the trash folder the subject /sender/date info all dissapears but there are still letter icons and junk/notjunk and read/unread dots on the lines where the emails were. Was there another workaround for this? It's been in the past build or two I believe. If you click off the window and come back it displays properly empty so i suppose its just a cosmetic thing.

This is a cosmetic issue that has been around for a while, as long as I have been using Thunderbird. Probably not going to be resolved until some of the larger issues of the program are taken care of. Since I usually empty my trash by right clicking on the trash folder, I never really see the contents of my trash.

Although, being able to right-click the junk folder and send contents to the trash would be nothing less than divine :-)
Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20040410 Firefox/0.8.0+
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6+ (20040512-pigfoot)
mscott

Post by mscott »

New builds for all three platforms are now up in the same location. These builds bump the skin version number. This means you won't be able to run with the existing themes until the theme authors bump their theme versions too.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

mscott wrote:New builds for all three platforms are now up in the same location. These builds bump the skin version number. This means you won't be able to run with the existing themes until the theme authors bump their theme versions too.

focus problem in compose window remains. also, the stop button is always clickable, even if no transfer is going on.

and what's the skin version number anyway? how much did you change with this build?
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

the bug where the messages stay there after empying trash remains as well.
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

alexbender wrote:Although, being able to right-click the junk folder and send contents to the trash would be nothing less than divine :-)

Should we allow that sort of behavior? ;-)
alexbender

Post by alexbender »

FWIW, tested Thunderbird 7/27 candidate build with all the themes on my computer and they all defaulted to the Qute as to be expected. My vote for pushing a milestone = YEA. And as mentioned earlier, these threads have been a shining example of open source projects at their finest.
tseelee wrote:Should we allow that sort of behavior? ;-)

If we do, I might never leave my apartment.
Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20040410 Firefox/0.8.0+
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6+ (20040512-pigfoot)
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Just downloaded the latest (7/27). Glad to see the Install Extension button is now visible.

Problem with three addresses in the address book is still there.

A suggestion:

It is too easy to inadvertently tag a msg as "junk" by clicking the dot under the Junk icon. All I want to do when I click anywhere on the msg index is highlight the particular msg. To mark a msg as junk, it should be necessary to highlight it first and then click the Junk button.
GolfProRM

Post by GolfProRM »

Neil Parks wrote:Just downloaded the latest (7/27). Glad to see the Install Extension button is now visible.

Still doesn't look any different in either the 7/27 build or this morning's release build... It doesn't look any different than my screenshot shows from a couple days ago.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/rminert/extension.png
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
jark

Post by jark »

GolfProRM wrote:Still doesn't look any different in either the 7/27 build or this morning's release build... It doesn't look any different than my screenshot shows from a couple days ago.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/rminert/extension.png

Something which I am beginning to notice is that depending on the XP Visual Style that I use will determine how much of the actual button I see. Some themes only cut off a portion of the button, like in your screenshot, while others allow it to display without issue. What I think needs to happen is that the pref dialogue needs to be made slightly larger in order to compensate for even the most absurdly sized theme. Probably would mean increasing the width by about 20 pixels and height by about 10, give or take.
toblo

Post by toblo »

Offline -> Download/Sync Now

I can't use this to sync all selected folders using anymore.
I have to manually select a folder, right click on it, select properties, and click the download now button to sync a folder.

Can somebody confirm this?

Thanks,
toblo
Rhubarb

IMAP server directory needs '/'?

Post by Rhubarb »

Hi,

The IMAP server directory (under Account Settings > (account) > Server Settings > Advanced > IMAP server directory) never needed a '/' in the end, but when downloading the 0.1 candidate just now, I would get a message "Failed to open mail folder mail<folder name>" (note that 'mail' is the directory where the mail resides).

More like a FAQ entry than anything else, but I thought I'd mention it...

Cheers,
And He Said: "Rhubarb"
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

jark wrote:What I think needs to happen is that the pref dialogue needs to be made slightly larger in order to compensate for even the most absurdly sized theme. Probably would mean increasing the width by about 20 pixels and height by about 10, give or take.

The Themes screen does not have this problem AFAIK. Just make the Extensions screen look exactly like the Themes screen.