New Final 0.1 candidate builds (7/27)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
swalker

Post by swalker »

mvl wrote:4. By default, the buttons don't fit in the toolbar. The default window is too small.

Removing some of the spacers in the toolbar, 3->1, might help but making the window larger than 750px could always be done.
swalker

Post by swalker »

Leonard wrote:Will there also be icons in the "Options" dialog ?

Eventually, but a first release isn't going to be held up waiting for them.
YFan

Thunderbird 0.1!

Post by YFan »

YAY! The first release! And I have it. I am about to break out the champagne. But one think still was not fixed. As I mentioned in another thread before, TB's account creation wizard for SMTP still reads
Your default outgoing server (SMTP), xyz.smtp.ijk will be used. You can modify outgoing server settings by choosing Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings from the Edit menu.

This was directly copied from Mozilla. That's all good, except in TB, it's the Account Settings option from the Options menu. It'd be great to have it fixed before the 0.2 Release. Thanks.

GO TB!!
Inglo

Post by Inglo »

Installed clean, new profile can't get any themes to work, going back to 0723 build.

arggh, the ftp file folder that's supposed to have the 0723 build in it has RC 0.1, that really pisses me off.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Inglo wrote:Installed clean, new profile can't get any themes to work, going back to 0723 build.

arggh, the ftp file folder that's supposed to have the 0723 build in it has RC 0.1, that really pisses me off.

All themes need to have their skin version numbers bumped. Sky Pilot has already been bumped. This is happening for all themes across all the mozilla products. It should only take a day or so for the current thunderbird themes to be replaced with ones that have the new skin version number.

This change was added to 0.1 at the last minute so we don't have to maintain two sets of themes (one for then 0.1 builds + one for the trunk going forward). See the theme forum for more info.
Thunderbirds are Go!
alexbender

Post by alexbender »

Oooohhh! New icon for mscott... Is this going to become the new icon for the program? I think it would be a nice addition.
Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20040410 Firefox/0.8.0+
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6+ (20040512-pigfoot)
rom

Post by rom »

YFan wrote:I am absolutely in love with Thunderbird, and I think the 0.1 release will blow away OE (6.0 is it? Ha!).

TB is largely based on Mozilla code that has been developed over several years.
mscott

Post by mscott »

alexbender wrote:Oooohhh! New icon for mscott... Is this going to become the new icon for the program? I think it would be a nice addition.

I thought I'd mix it up a little bit =). Minotaur Man may come back at some point but I liked this image. Thanks to Jason Kersey who designed it.
Thunderbirds are Go!