Thunderbird 1.0 Release Candidate 1 Is Now Available!

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
tusker

Thunderbird

Post by tusker »

How can I customize reply and forward message layout?
Plain text signature is not in the selected font.
I'd like to remove the "<Other party> wrote:" on top of each reply message.
How can I reply without indenting the original message?
How can I get rid of the red border around the header when forwarding messages?

Do you plan to include source editing when composing HTML messages?
Gregor Samsa

Post by Gregor Samsa »

AGSHender wrote:
Gregor Samsa wrote:Yes, it occurs when you try to customize the main toolbar then cancel (twice). I see this bug since at least TB 0.8.

Is there a workaround for it that you know of?

No, unfortunately... :-(
AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

Gregor Samsa wrote:
AGSHender wrote:
Gregor Samsa wrote:Yes, it occurs when you try to customize the main toolbar then cancel (twice). I see this bug since at least TB 0.8.

Is there a workaround for it that you know of?

No, unfortunately... :-(

Haven't been afflicted with the problem since I reopened the customize toolbar window and clicked OK instead of Cancel, then restarted Thunderbird (and the computer at the same time, don't know if that makes a difference).
Basil Halhed

Windows Install Feature/Bug

Post by Basil Halhed »

I'm new to this area but am sold on Firefox -- what a dream of a program!

Re Thunderbird 0.9 and RC1, I really miss Eudora's ability on install to assign a non-standard "place" to store mail, settings etc.

We normally keep mail etc. on a RAID system on our server. Trying to back-up things from people's c:\documents and settings\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\mail\account-name\ is a mug's game!

Similarly, having to manually go through a pile of addresses/accounts and change them all after installation is not feasible.

I guess I feel that a "where to install things" is really important.

Otherwise, Thunderbird really smokes! Congratulations to the team!
SchneiDOGG

Post by SchneiDOGG »

When I try to get mail, I get the following error:
"Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.going1up.com responded:"

When I click on "OK", I get a second error:
"Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop.going1up.com responded: USER"

I've been getting these error messages since the .8 release, and every time there's a new release, I get all excited because I think this problem will be resolved and I'll get to use the lovely RSS feeds ... but no.

So by the time this is posted, I'll have uninstalled the RC1 and reinstalled the 0.7.3 release ...

Could the fact that my user name for that certain server is my e-mail address (with the @ symbol and all) be a factor in this problem? I've seen this addressed on the forums before, but no solutions seem to work for me.
----------------------------------------------------------
Whoah --- was that SchneiDOGG?
----------------------------------------------------------
digismack

Thunderbird 1.0 RC

Post by digismack »

I'm running Windows XP (not SP2) on a Pentium 4 2.4ghz w/ 1gb RAM. Everytime I view an email message in the bottom right pane the program hangs up, displaying the 'busy' cursor. However it never fully crashes so I don't get any error messages. Sorry I can't be too specific. Maybe one of you would like to help me diagnose the problem further?
thomasz44l

spinner never stops

Post by thomasz44l »

In RC1, whenever I check email, the spinner continues to spin, forever. Even if I push the "stop" button, it continues to spin.

Anyone else seeing this?
Me fail English? That's unpossible!
Ommarok

Post by Ommarok »

I have exactly the same problem. Also, the progress bar on the bottom of the screen moves endlessly. What is the problem?
BTW, I am using Thunderbird to access an IMAP server.

Ah! Great work on the updated theme! It rocks!

Cheers,

Angel
Ommarok

Post by Ommarok »

Also, when I sort my inbox by Sender and then "group by sort" by pushing the G key, and then I expand one of the senders so view the messages he sent me, if then I go to another folder (Sent items for instance), when I come back to the Inbox Thunderbird does not expands the same sender that I had expanded. Instead it expands the FIRST sender in the list.
TobyK

choose smtp for identity

Post by TobyK »

Unfortunately it's still not possible to connect a smtp-server to a identity in the gui!
This is very confusing for newbies whicht will try out tb 1.o, non of them would want to edit the prefs.js. This might discourage them because it does not look like a 1.o release.

Other than that: great work!
SoaRex

Re: Fix problems creating folders with semicolons or # signs

Post by SoaRex »

SoaRex wrote:
mscott wrote:<b>What's New In 1.0</b>
Fix problems creating folders with semicolons or # signs in the name

Both Bug 94124 and Bug 115091 are still open.
Mscott, what bug/which patch has fixed problem when "#" in mail folder name?
Or your word "folder" is "Folder on Mac or Directry on Unix/MS Windows" instead of "Mail folder on Thunderbird"?

Sorry, Mscott was right.
I confirmed that "#" problem in mail folder name has been fixed by Thunderbird 1.0 RC1 and Mozilla latest-trunck 2004-12-02 build.
I also confirmed that ";" related problem will not occur after the change if problem on ";" in folder name existed in the past, although I couldn't re-create ";" problem at all.
Mscott, thanks for resolving longlived bug, left for three years and three months.
But if you fixed problem, please write so in the bug...
nicklott

1.0 already?

Post by nicklott »

Hey, isn't it a bit early for a 1.0 version? There are still waaay too many minor bugs for TB to be taken as a serious rival to OE at the moment. I think it needs a little more time as 0.9 to iron these out.

A lot of the improvements in RC1 seem to be graphical or introduce fairly (at least to me) unnecessary features (ie POP -> IMAP filters) while serious bugs like the <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=250738">IMAP folder bug</a> can only be resolved by editing pref.js (In itself unforgivable. You can't ask people to edit config files on windows, you NEED a UI) and only intermittently then.

Needs a bit more time to mature in 0.9 I think, no need to go racing ahead to catch up with FF.
Ao

Post by Ao »

What has to be kept in mind, is that TB 1.0 is ONLY another milestone after 0.9 and the one before 1.1.

mscott quoted that a few days ago, and I guess that's the point we have to consider.
TB 1.0 is not a really noticeable release, and must not be compared to the huge advertisements and improvements that have been done before FF 1.0 is out.
GWA

Post by GWA »

[quote="peekj"]On SuSE 9.1 everything works but there's a weird bug that every second time I start it, the Local Folders are collapsed. Every other time they are expanded (the way I want them).[/quote

I must agree that the collapsing folder tree, while a simple problem, is an irritating one. I hope that this is not an issue when the official 1.0 is released. CHUCK
mscott

Post by mscott »

the collapsing folder tree issue was just fixed the other day.
Thunderbirds are Go!