Daily Build Thread 2010-06-09 Through 2010-06-15

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
toscha42

Re: Daily Build Thread 2010-06-09 Through 2010-06-15

Post by toscha42 »

wsm wrote:There doesn't seem to be many people on nightly trunk builds.
If you aren't on nightly trunk, what's holding you back?

I'm using trunk builds only, unless they're totally borked which isn't the case currently. Nevertheless since the landing of the new addon-manager there are several 'issues' regarding extensions.

Ciao
Toscha
Buy me a Becks beer or pass me a bong
Gimmie some Bushmills I'll sing you this song
Open another big box of cheap wine we're over 30 we're doin' just fine
[NOFX]
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

toscha42 wrote:
wsm wrote:There doesn't seem to be many people on nightly trunk builds.
If you aren't on nightly trunk, what's holding you back?

I'm using trunk builds only, unless they're totally borked which isn't the case currently. Nevertheless since the landing of the new addon-manager there are several 'issues' regarding extensions.

Ciao
Toscha

Yes, I think it's time to switch to trunk for everyday use.
Regarding extensions, Nightly tester tools does not provide an over-ride option anymore, and I have a few that I'm not even sure I have the original XPI to hack the install rdf
Naturally, that would be an extension that I use everyday. :(
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

^^Yep, NTT isn't being supported any longer unless someone else picks it up.

I haven't tried a trunk since the new AOM started to come into scheme. If it's using an extensions.sqlite like Minefield, you can go to your extensions in the profile and edit the install.rdf's, delete extensions.sqlite and they should work. At least that worked for me when the new AOM was added to Minefield.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

wsm wrote:
Scanorama wrote:I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with the 0609 nightly build. I am using POP3 Gmail and when a new message is downloaded, nothing shows up in the content. When more than 1 messages are downloaded however, the content of the message doesn't match the subject of the message - ie. it is as if they got mixed up. I only started to have this problem with today's nightly. [Gecko/20100609 Shredder/3.2a1pre]
I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but I don't think in the context of nightly builds. Please confirm it works when going back to 20100608.

Similar report for the 20100609 SeaMonkey trunk nightly, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1919633
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Bozz wrote:^^Yep, NTT isn't being supported any longer unless someone else picks it up.

I haven't tried a trunk since the new AOM started to come into scheme. If it's using an extensions.sqlite like Minefield, you can go to your extensions in the profile and edit the install.rdf's, delete extensions.sqlite and they should work. At least that worked for me when the new AOM was added to Minefield.

Extension manager is broken big time.
I had most of my extensions working, then deleted extensions.sqlite
It was never regenerated on restart, now no extensions are seen at all.
I think the extension manager is just too unstable at this point.

EDIT: Ok that procedure for deleting extensions.sqlite does work.
Don't know why I originally had a problem, but all extensions now working OK

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100610 Shredder/3.2a1pre ThunderBrowse/3.2.8.1 ID:20100610041228

OH I had Thunderbrowse disabled, re-enabled itself.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
cheekybuddha

Post by cheekybuddha »

I'm probably being blind, but how do you add a new extension in the new extension manager?

From a bit of reading I thought I'd try Extension Compatibility Reporter to replace NTT, but I can't find how to install it!

Any hints?

tia,

d
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Sorry, but I did not see a thread specifically for 3.1 release candidates. If I should post this elsewhere such as a separate thread, I can do that.

I just downloaded/installed T-bird 3.1 RC2 and it is crashing repeatedly upon (re)start. The only two incompatible extensions I have are MR Tech Toolkit and Plugin Checker. It would surprise me if either of these may be the cause of my crashes. However, I am wondering if having all my extensions installed globally--in the program's installation extensions folder as opposed to the individual profile's extensions folder--may no longer be "gracefully handled" by T-bird 3.1.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
cheekybuddha

Post by cheekybuddha »

Oh well, it's a moot point now. I just updated to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a6pre) Gecko/20100611 Shredder/3.2a1pre and now I have NO add-ons!

There is a new option to Get Add-ons nut it doesn't do much when you search.

d
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Looks like I need to ask another question. Why does the pref extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1 keep switching back to true? I know what I am doing by setting it to false in the first place and do not appreciate that someone/thing else is overriding, crashes not withstanding.[/rant] (Sorry for that.)
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

JoeS wrote:
Bozz wrote:^^Yep, NTT isn't being supported any longer unless someone else picks it up.

Extension manager is broken big time.
I had most of my extensions working, then deleted extensions.sqlite
It was never regenerated on restart, now no extensions are seen at all.
I think the extension manager is just too unstable at this point.

EDIT: Ok that procedure for deleting extensions.sqlite does work.
Don't know why I originally had a problem, but all extensions now working OK

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100610 Shredder/3.2a1pre ThunderBrowse/3.2.8.1 ID:20100610041228

OH I had Thunderbrowse disabled, re-enabled itself.

I'm glad it worked out for you.
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

WildcatRay wrote:Sorry, but I did not see a thread specifically for 3.1 release candidates. If I should post this elsewhere such as a separate thread, I can do that.

I just downloaded/installed T-bird 3.1 RC2 and it is crashing repeatedly upon (re)start. The only two incompatible extensions I have are MR Tech Toolkit and Plugin Checker. It would surprise me if either of these may be the cause of my crashes. However, I am wondering if having all my extensions installed globally--in the program's installation extensions folder as opposed to the individual profile's extensions folder--may no longer be "gracefully handled" by T-bird 3.1.

I don't know what could be causing your problem Ray. My extensions are in my profile folder. I got rid of MR Tech a couple of weeks ago. Most of the options I used in it didn't work any longer. At that time I also went into my profile>extensions folder and edited all of the install.rdf's and also deleted the homepage lines in them so I wouldn't see the "doesn't provide a secure update" crap in the AOM.

Maybe you need try a clean profile.

WildcatRay wrote:Looks like I need to ask another question. Why does the pref extensions.checkCompatibility.3.1 keep switching back to true? I know what I am doing by setting it to false in the first place and do not appreciate that someone/thing else is overriding, crashes not withstanding.[/rant] (Sorry for that.)

I think MR Tech is causing you to see that "3.1" line. I saw that until I got rid of MR Tech. I only have extensions.checkCompatibility set to false in there now.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

From the knowledge base article, it appears that extensions.checkCompatibility.<version> is now required. However, my question is about why the value is not staying "false". It seems that on the restart after each crash, the value reverts to true and is of no value if I have to do another restart to reenable disabled incompatible extensions so I can then test another one by disabling it. ](*,)
Ray

wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

you're special :)
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

That "version" line is not listed in mine and I can install extensions with no problem.

The only two lines I have are extensions.checkCompatibility;false and extensions.checkUpdateSecurity;false.
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Get rid of MR Tech and clean up about:config. :twisted: