0.2 Windows, GTK2 Linux and OSX Candidate builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
yendor

Re: Crash problems

Post by yendor »

[quote="yendor"]I am having problems with this build. Whenever I reply or forward an email It crashes. This happens every time for me so I have to go back to the 20-8 build. If I compose an email from scratch it is fine. When I replied it let me type a word or two before crashing and when I tried forwarding it crashed right away. It sounds like 1 or two other people here are having a similar problem to this. This is on WinXP SP1[/quote]

Looks like the respin has fixed this, it was probablly the spellchecker crash. Sweet ! :)
F J Walter

Faster

Post by F J Walter »

I often see people, after a night build, claiming that the build "seems faster". Usually, I dismiss this as a placebo effect.

However, I can say with complete confidence that this build of Thunderbird is definitely faster than the previous build I had. I notice this especially because I have a relatively slow computer,

Bravo!

It is faster at:

- moving emails between folders
- declaring emails as spam and moving them to the spam folder
itsr0y

Post by itsr0y »

The build seems good. The only thing is that I think there should be separate options for default mail reader and default news reader. I use thunderbird for mail, but Agent for news.
fusibou

JUNK ON MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS

Post by fusibou »

Anyone having problems with junk folders on multiple email accounts? Ie. TB insisting the junk folders are missing on accounts > the first 2? I moved all these accounts over from Mozilla 1.4 to TB after setting up the account info first.
warenhaus

Post by warenhaus »

maybe this has already been noted, but a filter that moves msgs to some folder and marks them as read leaves the folder bold, as if there were unread msgs inside, until i click on it. (at least with IMAP, WinXP, Tb 0.2a)
ХУЙ ВОЙНЕ!
wolruf

Re: 0.2 Windows and OSX Candidate builds

Post by wolruf »

mscott wrote:1) Windows just got a huge performance boost and fooprint boost (shaved almost 1.5 MB from the download size) by changing some build flags. You should notice a big improvement in this week's build. This follows up the big improvement in last week's windows build too. Woo Hoo!

I extracted and recompressed this build (7.33MB) with 7-Zip and got 7.06MB, the 7z auto-extract file is even better: 5.41MB.
Thunderbird has unofficially broken the 6MB limit :)
MozJF

Re: 0.2 Windows and OSX Candidate builds

Post by MozJF »

wolruf wrote:
mscott wrote:1) Windows just got a huge performance boost and fooprint boost (shaved almost 1.5 MB from the download size) by changing some build flags. You should notice a big improvement in this week's build. This follows up the big improvement in last week's windows build too. Woo Hoo!

I extracted and recompressed this build (7.33MB) with 7-Zip and got 7.06MB, the 7z auto-extract file is even better: 5.41MB.
Thunderbird has unofficially broken the 6MB limit :)

I will make and release on my weblog a not-official build (-o1 -g6 "optimized") with french dictionnary when the attachment option will be working again = I saw it broken (xul error) on my homemade morning build.
MozJF
Anthracks

Post by Anthracks »

For what it's worth, I stumbled on and reported a crasher in the Search Messages dialog (<a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=217461">bug 217461</a>) which exists in SeaMonkey too. Aparrantly it's a manifestation of <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155192">bug 155192</a> which had been marked fixed, but is now reopened with a new patch awaiting review. I doubt many people will run into this, but you might want to wait on 0.2 with a known crasher out there.
Julas

Post by Julas »

csogilvie wrote:Anyone able to view source on newsgroup messages? Emails work but Newsgroups give me an empty window.

Confirm that too. I have this problem since 20030820...
Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera
Website said: "Use Internet Explorer 5 or better". So I used Mozilla.
mscott

Post by mscott »

A new windows candidate build is now available. See this:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 82#173982'

for more information.
Thunderbirds are Go!
cjohnson

Thunderbird Builds for glibc pre-2.3.2

Post by cjohnson »

All the Thunderbird builds I've tried downloading lately (both official and unofficial) give me this error:

cjohnson@gondor:~/tmp/thunderbird$ ./thunderbird
./thunderbird-bin: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found (required by /home/cjohnson/tmp/thunderbird/libnspr4.so)

Has anyone made (or plans to make) builds for glibc < 2.3.2 (I'm using 2.3.1)? Until then, I'm stuck with the 20030808 build.

Anyone have any idea when new artwork for the address book will come about?
Mephisto_I

Switching versions

Post by Mephisto_I »

Hi @ all!

Right now I'm using TB 0.1 20030723 and want to go for this build. What steps are necessary in order to keep my account settings, mails etc? What config files do I have to keep, edit or throw away? Can anybody give me any advice, please?

TIA
Mephisto_I

BTW: Anyone else running a 453 MHz Celeron with 384 Megs RAM? I'm looking forward to seeing some little performance improvement... ;-)
R@F

Post by R@F »

Download it. Extract it. Start it.
The Tb build will pickup your current profile.
Hendikins

Re: Switching versions

Post by Hendikins »

Mephisto_I wrote:BTW: Anyone else running a 453 MHz Celeron with 384 Megs RAM? I'm looking forward to seeing some little performance improvement... ;-)

I'm on dual PIIIs at that speed...
Mephisto_I

Post by Mephisto_I »

R@F wrote:Download it. Extract it. Start it.
The Tb build will pickup your current profile.

Well, that was really too easy. :)

Greets,
Mephisto_I

BTW: Thanks for this version! In fact, it's really fast...