0.2 Windows, GTK2 Linux and OSX Candidate builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
lupulin

Re: Thunderbird Builds for glibc pre-2.3.2

Post by lupulin »

cjohnson wrote:All the Thunderbird builds I've tried downloading lately (both official and unofficial) give me this error:

cjohnson@gondor:~/tmp/thunderbird$ ./thunderbird
./thunderbird-bin: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found (required by /home/cjohnson/tmp/thunderbird/libnspr4.so)

Has anyone made (or plans to make) builds for glibc < 2.3.2 (I'm using 2.3.1)? Until then, I'm stuck with the 20030808 build.

Anyone have any idea when new artwork for the address book will come about?

I have the same question. I'm using Debian following testing (sarge) and I'm using glibc 2.3.1 also. So I'm not able to use the new builds.
lupulin

Post by lupulin »

lupulin wrote:
cjohnson wrote:All the Thunderbird builds I've tried downloading lately (both official and unofficial) give me this error:

cjohnson@gondor:~/tmp/thunderbird$ ./thunderbird
./thunderbird-bin: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found (required by /home/cjohnson/tmp/thunderbird/libnspr4.so)

Has anyone made (or plans to make) builds for glibc < 2.3.2 (I'm using 2.3.1)? Until then, I'm stuck with the 20030808 build.

Anyone have any idea when new artwork for the address book will come about?

I have the same question. I'm using Debian following testing (sarge) and I'm using glibc 2.3.1 also. So I'm not able to use the new builds.

Here's a tip...
I'm building Firebird builds from CVS. If I copy the libnspr4.so from ~/mozilla/dist/bin to the thunderbird directory, it picks it up and works just fine. So if you have a copy of this same file from firebird, give that a try.
luizcieslak

Post by luizcieslak »

[quote="Tom Sommer"]Some other things

2) I have problems when checking for mail on a slow connection or you have lots of mails, changeing between the inbox and other folder makes the inbox behave "strangely" it seems to hang when browsing the folder while receiving mails
I have a similar problem when working with multiple accounts. Sometimes when one account is receiveing several emails I can't access the inbox for the other accounts directly. Strangely, it works when I click on another folder (e.g. 'drafts') for that account and then I click in the inbox.
cjohnson

Post by cjohnson »

lupulin wrote:Here's a tip...
I'm building Firebird builds from CVS. If I copy the libnspr4.so from ~/mozilla/dist/bin to the thunderbird directory, it picks it up and works just fine. So if you have a copy of this same file from firebird, give that a try.

Cool, works now. Thanks. :)
lstoneman

Post by lstoneman »

Has <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=189289" target="_blank">this bug fix</a> been implemented in this build?
(No new mail notification (biff) when junk mail arrive)

Lee.
georgegaspari

New bug

Post by georgegaspari »

This version introduced a nice attachment-controlling dialog. Cool, however some bugs still hover around it.

Let's say I receive a W*rd document named Filename.N.DOC. Firebird regards this file as a ".N" file instead of a ".DOC" file, so you can only "save to disk" instead of "open". You can still save it and launch, when you do save the original filename is returned.
EdwinOlson

new mail notifications for spam

Post by EdwinOlson »

My biggest peeve right now is that I keep getting new mail notifications when SPAM (correctly identified by the filter) arrives. It's irritating as heck to have to switch apps every time I get another piece of spam!

Can the new mail notification be disabled for spam? Or, can spam be automatically marked as "read"?

-Ed
cmcgoat

Post by cmcgoat »

I'm still having problems on linux with the message window,
when I move it and then open another message it doesn't
remember the location I moved it to. This works fine on the
latest build with windows.

I have tried removing the localstore.rdf and running it again,
same result. Thanks for any help/advice on this.

Another question: how long will be it be before we can click
on a link in thunderbird and have it open in firebird on linux?
I guess this is the default browser problem.

Thanks for all your work guys, as always,
Chris in Austin
plucky

Re: new mail notifications for spam

Post by plucky »

Ed, the mail notifications on spam are my biggest peeve now, too. Other than that, Thunderbird is wicked good and has been my default for some time.

There is a patched version of Mozilla that includes this functionality and about a month ago, Scott said he wanted to see this in the next t-bird milestone. Haven't seen much activity on it since, but I'm still hoping!
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=189289
vlada

Enigmail

Post by vlada »

Hello,
do You think it would be possible to integrate the enigmail extension into Thunderbird so, it could encrypt and sign HTML messages and attachments? The next thing is a better offline support. For example I think that Thunderbird should let me know, that there are unsent messages when I want to close the application and offer me to send them first. Also the get messages button should be rather get/send button. And the last prrobably most complicated thing - would it be possible to check if I'm connected to internet a then automatically set the online/offline status? And maybe repeat it every xx minutes. Thank You, Vlada
robmoss2k

Enigmail

Post by robmoss2k »

Vlada,

I'm using Thunderbird right now with the Enigmail extension. Obviously as not everyone has GnuPG installed, this has to remain a compile-time option, so if you want this you're either going to have to compile it yourself, or convince someone to do it for you. This is one of the advantages of using Gentoo Linux (www.gentoo.org) - all you have to do is:

Code: Select all

USE="crypt" emerge mozilla-thunderbird

Then about an hour later you've got TB compiled from source with the Enigmail extension quite happily sat there smiling, signing and encrypting things. It's also a damned sight faster if you compile it yourself as you get to use lots of the obvious optimisations - although you do break compatability with older processors.

If you want, I can build this for you, but it'll only work for you if you're using glibc-2.3.2 and have an Athlon XP processor.
bpere

Options for printing attachments

Post by bpere »

<mscott wrote>
8) When printing a mail message with attachments, we now print a list of the attachments as part of the message. Thanks to Kevin Teuscher for helping get this in.
</mscott wrote>

Is it possible to add an option to print (or not printing) the list of attachments. Or the print a list of attachments but just the name of the attachment without the encoding and type (like in OE)

I work on a place where we have to print a lot of emails and in every email there are a lot of attachments. Those attachements are necessary to do our job, but when we print it, we have to print almost one or two pages extra, just because of that list.

I believe this will save a lot of paper...

Is there allready an extension for it? If it does, tell me about it!

Thx, BPere
Sparticusx

Post by Sparticusx »

THUNDERBIRD SUCKS A--, FU-- YOU, THERE IS NO REDOWNLOAD ALL FUNCTION!

Salty language edited by moderator Neil