Progress Bar For TB 5.0 Beta

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
James Alex Gerard

Progress Bar For TB 5.0 Beta

Post by James Alex Gerard »

After upgrading from TB 3+ to TB 5.0b2, I've noted the "getting mail messages" progress bar is missing from the bottom-left corner. I get the "UNREAD" and "TOTAL" display, but not the "downloading x of y" and "up to date" lines -- along with the green progress-bar display the earlier TB had.

Perhaps it was a disabled extension that did that before, I admit that could have been the case.

Like the Firefox's "Download Manager" feature, would it be possible to have the activity manager incorporate progress bars and detailed information for mail-download status, and open in its own tab? I've envisioned such a feature, but lack any such skill to develop one.

Also, I was able to "up the max version" to get some add-ons from TB 3+ to work with TB 5 beta. That didn't work with TB Progress History Extension or Status History Extension.

Thanks for any input, all.
James Alex Gerard
Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000; Intel Core i7 CPU 920 (2.67GHz); ATI Radeon HD 4350 (with 3,323 MB graphics memory),
6 GB RAM, 684 GB Hard Drive; 64-bit operating system; Windows 7 Home Premium.
johnlgalt

Re: Progress Bar For TB 5.0 Beta

Post by johnlgalt »

I'm using Miramar as well, and I have 6 different profiles set up - all of them have the progress bar right where it has been for a while.

As you surmised, it might be an add-on causing the issue. Have you tried a new profile? I had a lot of inconsistencies when I first moved to Miramar, but I completely redid all of my profiles and all of my issues have disappeared.