New (08/29) Windows, Linux GTK2 0.2 Candidate now available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
eturnal

Edited

Post by eturnal »

Edited
Last edited by eturnal on September 7th, 2003, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mscott

Post by mscott »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:2. As it appears there is no code in Thunderbird to actually process an automatic proxy configureation script, then we should really add the text "(not yet implemented)" next to the Automatic configuration URL in Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings. This will kind of clue people in to the fact that it does not work and we know it does not work.

I thought there was a long thread about this where folks that have the ability to test this told me this works.
Thunderbirds are Go!
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

mscott wrote:
wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:2. As it appears there is no code in Thunderbird to actually process an automatic proxy configureation script, then we should really add the text "(not yet implemented)" next to the Automatic configuration URL in Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings. This will kind of clue people in to the fact that it does not work and we know it does not work.

I thought there was a long thread about this where folks that have the ability to test this told me this works.

I submittted a bug

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216407

a couple of days ago on this. I sure can't get it to work. I configured Thunderbird and Firebird to use the same script and it works fine in Firebird, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the PAC script. I can manually configure HTTP proxies going to the same proxies that the PAC file would make it use and that seems to work OK. If I specify and automatic proxy configuration script I cannot load any images in an e-mail that reference a host that I need to use the proxy to access.
ecjs

Post by ecjs »

Sekundes wrote:um... right click on the image and select "View Image" open a blank window. Is it a bug?

I have the same problem.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Julas wrote:Oh, one more thing I would like to see in Thunderbird - ROT13 support.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=

no one seems concerned enough to respond. ;-)
macleod199

Re: EnigMail still broke

Post by macleod199 »

lance wrote:Greetings,

Enigmail is still broke. I'm running redhat 9 with Ximian XD2. 0.2 and 0.2a both just exit after installing Enigmail and starting thunderbird once. Every invocation of thunderbird fails after that.

I ran into this on Windows a couple of days ago when trying to upgrade Enigmail, if I remember correctly. I got an error box on load of windows that I'd never seen before, and google searches only revealed within mozilla binaries (!).

I ended up having to delete the Thunderbird directory and re-install it and then Enigmail. Bit of a pain, but my settings seemed to stay fine.
macleod199

Post by macleod199 »

GlaDiaC wrote:the thunderbird-i686-pc-linux-gtk2-> Aug 29 19:02 package is bull**it ;)

you can only watch execute the files as root ;)

chmod +r on all files

chmod +rx on all dirs

and chmod +x on all excecutable files will fix it

WFM on Mandrake Cooker. It may depend what user you unpacked it as, and what directory you unpacked it to?
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

Can we possibly get this into 0.2:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181631
(Add "Mark as Junk Mail" to list of available filter actions (and "Mark as not Junk" too))

It has a version of a patch attached to the bug report.

Gena01
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

Gena01 wrote:Can we possibly get this into 0.2:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181631
(Add "Mark as Junk Mail" to list of available filter actions (and "Mark as not Junk" too))

It has a version of a patch attached to the bug report.

Hey, that's my bug! :mrgreen:

My guess is that it won't be in before 0.3. I wouldn't expect it to be in if it's got a patch attached to the bug that's not on trunk yet. Also note that part 2 of the patch *does not compile yet*.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

mscott wrote:
wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:2. As it appears there is no code in Thunderbird to actually process an automatic proxy configureation script...

I think you should actually be able to test this yourself. You should not really need a firewall or proxy to test this. All you need is an e-mail that loads images from a remote site. Then set a manual htp proxy to something bogus like 127.0.0.1 port 6666. This should make the images not load. If it does, then you should be able to create a proxy pac on your local hard drive that tells it to use 127.0.0.1 port 6666 for the host where these images are located and connect direct for everything else. If the automatic configuration is working correclty you should be able to load images from everywhere except the one host you told it to use the bogus proxy information for.