2003-09-01 0.2 Candidate Builds (OSX, Win32)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
cleanhead

Post by cleanhead »

The OS X build still fails to store attachments options. The attachments preferences pane *always* defaults to "ask me where to save every attachment." If you click the radio button for "save all attachments to this folder" and select a folder, it is unclicked on restart.
jedbro

QuickNote

Post by jedbro »

My extension "<a href="http://quicknote.mozdev.org/">QuickNote</a>" seems to randomly break thunderbird upon install.

Sometimes it works, others it doesn't.

WHen it doesn't I get a odd error message "The installation was not completed. Installing".
And you can't load Thunderbird (have to nuke the build folder even if you install to profile)

Scott, could you tell me what triggers that error message in Thunderbird?
Thanks

*Edit*
I figured out what was wrong. It seems that Thunderbird will not allow you to correctly install Extensions in the Profile Directory, only to the application. I'll wrote more on a later post:
Last edited by jedbro on September 2nd, 2003, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kutsyy

Post by kutsyy »

Latest build again hangs on win32. Problem occur when I am interchangible using 2 IMAP accounts pointing to the same server. This was happening a few weeks ago, but worked last week.

I have to manually kill thunderbird from task manager.
mscott

Post by mscott »

cleanhead wrote:The OS X build still fails to store attachments options. The attachments preferences pane *always* defaults to "ask me where to save every attachment." If you click the radio button for "save all attachments to this folder" and select a folder, it is unclicked on restart.

Yeah this is a known issue I need to release note. The radio buttons in the new attachment pane are DOA on all platforms.
Thunderbirds are Go!
XeF6

Re: 2003-09-01 0.2 Candidate Builds (OSX, Win32)

Post by XeF6 »

Timoleon wrote:Enigmail and Thunderbird together are surely horked. Enigmail and Enigmime install fine, but crash Thunderbird upon a restart. Using the latest GPG. :morning:

Works here fine with the following...

T-Bird 010903
Enigmail 081.4
enigmime-81.0_win32

Have seen that kinda crash before, usually when enigmime hasnt been installed correctly
DWarnock

Window does not size correctly

Post by DWarnock »

On my laptop (WinXP Prof) when I run Thunderbird (2003/09/01 build) using an external monitor at 1280x1024 all is fine. When I run at 1024x768 on the LCD monitor the window is sized incorrectly. By this I mean

Whether mazimised or not the bottom of the content disappears under the bottom of Window frame. I do not see the status bar, or the bottom of the message. If I select the account name in the folder tree (or local folders) then the status bar reappears. As soon as I select a folder name (and the 2nd pane splits into thread and message view) then the status bar moves down out of site. If I run in higher resolution and reduce the window height then the same thing happens.

It means I cannot reach the bottom set of message folders, not see the whole message so it a big problem.

Actually I just checked and the same thing is happening on my linux build.

Anyone else seeing this?
DWarnock

Re: Window does not size correctly

Post by DWarnock »

DWarnock wrote:On my laptop (WinXP Prof) when I run Thunderbird (2003/09/01 build) using an external monitor at 1280x1024 all is fine. When I run at 1024x768 on the LCD monitor the window is sized incorrectly

Anyone else seeing this?

Just to note in case it matters, I only have 1 account, it is an IMAP account and has approx 60 folders, nested to 3 levels. I have nop extentions installed and am using the standard Thunderbird theme. I have had it with this and ther previous nightly build, have not used earlier versions.

Thanks
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Do we need to ping theme authors to upgrade their themes?
leff-jason42

Re: 2003-09-01 0.2 Candidate Builds (OSX, Win32)

Post by leff-jason42 »

mscott wrote:1) Can you install themes? Are there any themes on the help site which still need upgraded to the 1.5 skin version? If so we need to ping the authors.

I can install themes just fine. I've found some that don't seem to work when you actually select them. They are:
Orbit Retro, Orbit Classic, Phoenity

Themes I've found to work:
Orbit Grey,Skypilot, NautiPolis, pinball

Qute sort of works. The icons in the folder tree change, but not the tool bar icons. This may be intentional.

The texturizer.net links to Little and Micro Thunderbirds don't work, so I didn't try them.

I am running windows 98 and today's thunderbird.

Conclusion: We do need to ping some authors. Especially the Orbit Retro Author <grin />
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
leff-jason42

Minor Bug on Theme Uninstall

Post by leff-jason42 »

Speaking of themes, has anyone seen this behavior? I went to uninstall a theme. It uninstalled fine, but back in the themes option box the list of remaining themes all had a bunch of space in them. It looked something like this:

Orbit Retro
Orbit Grey
Phoenity
Pinball

Then after deleting one it looked like this

Orbit Retro

Orbit Grey

Phoenity

When I clicked on Orbit Grey the highlighted area was very large too. It looked like the line-height for the list style was set to 200%.

Sorry if this was a bit off topic.
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
doug

Post by doug »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:
doug wrote:I can still only save attachments to disk, not open them from within Thunderbird.

Edit: I tried a clean install, still doesn't work.

I am not having this problem with the win32 version. Additional information that would be helpful is:

1. What operating system are you using?

2. What particualr types of extensions are you having difficulty with? (mime type and/or extension)?

3. Have you tried creating a new profile and seeing if the problem exists when using the new profile?

WindowsXP Home.

application/octet-stream .xif file. I receive faxes as email and have a specific program to read them. Being able to read them has worked in all previous versions of Thunderbird, except the recent Candidate Builds. There first option to Open with Default Program is gone, and the Open With [down arrow to select] is greyed out, as is the checkbox to always use that option. Save to Disk is selected by default, since the first option is gone and the second is greyed out.

Yes, I tried a new profile; same result.
jedbro

Extensions

Post by jedbro »

EXTENSIONS

Edit: All extensions listed on E-R and MFH work with this release ;)

Excelent!
Last edited by jedbro on September 2nd, 2003, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mscott

Re: Extensions

Post by mscott »

jedbro wrote:EXTENSIONS

Ok, well it seems that all of the Extension's listed on ER/MFH are working in this 0.2 candidate ;)

But they only work when being installed to the Application Directory.

Everytime I tried to install one of them to the profile dir, thunderbird would not load, and I would have to kill the proccess, delete my profile chrome.rdf file, and reload Thunderbird.
(this also happens with Scott's offline extension)

Is this just me? Or could someone else confirm this for me?

If so, this needs to be addressed either with a fix or in the release notes.

Cheers

Edit: If need be, I can edit the descriptions for all the TB extensions stating that you should only install to the app dir.

Uggh that sounds bad. Could be a stopper.

Any chance these extensions don't have the right locale and that's causing the problem?
Thunderbirds are Go!
mscott

Re: Extensions

Post by mscott »

mscott wrote:
jedbro wrote:EXTENSIONS

Ok, well it seems that all of the Extension's listed on ER/MFH are working in this 0.2 candidate ;)

But they only work when being installed to the Application Directory.

Everytime I tried to install one of them to the profile dir, thunderbird would not load, and I would have to kill the proccess, delete my profile chrome.rdf file, and reload Thunderbird.
(this also happens with Scott's offline extension)

Is this just me? Or could someone else confirm this for me?

If so, this needs to be addressed either with a fix or in the release notes.

Cheers

Edit: If need be, I can edit the descriptions for all the TB extensions stating that you should only install to the app dir.

Uggh that sounds bad. Could be a stopper.

Any chance these extensions don't have the right locale and that's causing the problem?

Hmm I just successfully installed and launched the offline extension in my profile directory and it worked ok.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

Extensions <abbr title="WFM">WFM</abbr> on Linux with my unofficial build.