I don't see it released, yet.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all.html

Bugs get reported at Bugzilla
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
ffextensionguru

Re: TB 12 beta - emails quickly disappearing

Post by ffextensionguru »

Likely will released to the wild tomorrow.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

The release mirrors for 12.0 are filling up, thus all seems to be on time for a release tomorrow as scheduled.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Thunderbird 12.0 has been released as scheduled:
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

I've been suffering this problem for weeks. I just tried uninstalling 12 beta and installing 12 final and it seems the problem is still there. This is a MAJOR bug.
ltsnow

Post by ltsnow »

dvnito wrote:I've been suffering this problem for weeks. I just tried uninstalling 12 beta and installing 12 final and it seems the problem is still there. This is a MAJOR bug.

I must admit that I am not seeing it with TBird 12 release, but I did see it some time ago.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

JoeS wrote:Did you do a "repair folder" to eliminate any residuals from the original problem that 736539

dvnito, did you try that? Something in the summary files changed between 11.0 and 12.0, according to the release notes recommending to do a folder repair when down-grading from 12.0 to an earlier version. Thus, maybe something can go wrong when up-grading to 12.0 as well in that summary.

FWIW, I'm not seeing any problems anywhere so far, but I don't have filters set up. Thus, if indeed filters play a role here (as per JoeS' suspected connection to the bug fix), revisiting your filters may be a good idea.

I wouldn't know if and how those preferences may be flipped, but if the messages disappear as soon as you open them or shortly thereafter, go into the Config Editor and see if any of the "mail.server.server#.keepUnreadOnly" (with '#' being an account-specific number) preferences show "true" which might explain that behavior. There are also respective per-folder settings stored in the summary files. Removing those ".msf" files and allowing them to rebuild should reset them to the account's default for the "keepUnreadOnly" preference.
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

rsx11m wrote:
JoeS wrote:Did you do a "repair folder" to eliminate any residuals from the original problem that 736539

Thanks. I had not done that. I've now gone through and done [right click on folder] > Properties > Repair Folder for each folder. I'll report back if problem continues. Thanks again.
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

Looks like I've still got the same problem - or could be suffering a false message.

I just had System Tray envelope flash up to say I had new email (using https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... y-revived/) and the status bar said 'one message downloaded' but there was no new mail in the inbox and nothing moved to the junk folder. I don't have any filters set up.

I checked my webmail from the accounts that feed in to my inbox and I can't find an email that has not been delivered. So maybe TB is just giving me a false report of new email?
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Maybe the Minimize to Tray add-on is introducing that glitch and somehow is no longer fully compatible? If you disable it in Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, does the problem disappear? (I'm guessing here, but it would be a difference relative to my setups where I haven't seen any problems after multiple receive/move/compact cycles...)
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

rsx11m wrote:Maybe the Minimize to Tray add-on is introducing that glitch...

I guessed that would be the suggestion. ;) I've disabled it for now. See if that fixes my problem. Thanks.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Possibly related, though these users seem to keep an unread message in their Inbox and receive multiple notifications on it - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2462423
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

rsx11m wrote:Possibly related, though these users seem to keep an unread message in their Inbox and receive multiple notifications on it - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2462423

Yeah, that looks like the same problem. It's happened again even with the Minimize To Try addon disabled. I'll follow that thread. Thanks again.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You are welcome. If it only occurs with POP accounts, this would explain why I'm not seeing it as well, given that all of my accounts are IMAP.
plh

Post by plh »

:cry: A newly upgraded TB 12 just ate some of my incoming emails. My account is neither POP nor IMAP - it's 'Unix Movemail'.