2003-09-12 Windows, Mac OSX Builds Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

Hey everyone, people have started to use my BitTorrent tracker to share the latest builds of Thunderbird and you are most welcome to continue doing so. You can see the tracker here: http://www.metashops.co.uk/mozilla

thunderbird-win32-2003-09-14-1.5.zip BitTorrent available here

A very good BitTorrent FAQ can be found here:
BTFAQ

If you have a Proxy or a firewall especially the Windows XP one and are having trouble, then please read the instructions here: http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/24.html. Other useful links can be found on the tracker.

If you've already got the file, want to help share it and have BitTorrent installed, open the file above and point to the zip file and you will become a seeder.

Please try and keep your windows open as long as possible although it is not mandatory.

Rob
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
wrecklass

Post by wrecklass »

Cajun_Man wrote:That is strange. I know when I did a cvs co -r MOZILLA_1_5_BRANCH mozilla/client.mk and then did the pull_all and then build_all, Mine now says 0.3a in the about.

I have that bug in the attachments window as well. But I see in your next message what the problem is. I'll have to re-do mine to fix it as well. I was wondering what was wrong with that part od options. :)

Errm, anyone have any ideas about this? I used the cvs co -r MOZILLA_1_5_BRANCH mozilla/client.mk line as well. Not that the about box is a big issue, but it is odd I have gotten a different one. I wonder what else is different.

I noticed that the IMAP improvements were already in the tree, so maybe someone has already done some revs in the official source?
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

I wish I knew how to code Mozilla-language :(
So I could fix the bugs that are important to me
Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Clicking on the text-labels in the "Advanced options" something doesn't work?
Wowbagger

Post by Wowbagger »

Thanks for "not spell checking signatures" change.

I hope it lasts.
flaklypa

problem with ssl client auth through stunnel

Post by flaklypa »

I'm running stunnel to perform client-side ssl to my mailserver (IMAP), this has with all previous thunderbird builds worked flawlessly. However with this latest build I get this error:

"server localhost is not an IMAP4 server"

Anyone else having this issue?
scottmkraft

Re: problem with ssl client auth through stunnel

Post by scottmkraft »

flaklypa wrote:I'm running stunnel to perform client-side ssl to my mailserver (IMAP), this has with all previous thunderbird builds worked flawlessly. However with this latest build I get this error:

I'm also having a problem getting SSL to work. Not sure why.
elmonty

Post by elmonty »

mscott wrote:It's a bug, a bug report has been filed in detail in bugzilla.
-Scott

I searched bugzilla for "menu" and did not find it. Is it filed under some other keyword?
mscott

Re: problem with ssl client auth through stunnel

Post by mscott »

scottmkraft wrote:
flaklypa wrote:I'm running stunnel to perform client-side ssl to my mailserver (IMAP), this has with all previous thunderbird builds worked flawlessly. However with this latest build I get this error:

I'm also having a problem getting SSL to work. Not sure why.

David has a fix for this already. It was a problem with the patch that sped up IMAP. Should be fixed in this week's build.
Thunderbirds are Go!
indiix2

Post by indiix2 »

Cajun_Man wrote:
wrecklass wrote:Thanks for the help. I was (after a couple of false starts) able to compile the new build with the patches "spun in." On Linux, Red Hat 9.

However, I notice that my about box also shows version 0.4a. Plus a bigger problem is either a bug or something I may have missed in the builds, when I go to the Tools/Options dialog, and click on the "Attachments" button in the Options dialog, I see the following error where the options should be:

<pre>XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: chrome://mozapps/content/download/pref-downloads.xul
Line Number 108, Column 1:
^
</pre>

That caret appears as I have shown.

Has anyone else gotten this problem? I will look at the code later, but it's getting a bit late right now. Everything else seems to work fine.
That is strange. I know when I did a cvs co -r MOZILLA_1_5_BRANCH mozilla/client.mk and then did the pull_all and then build_all, Mine now says 0.3a in the about.

I have that bug in the attachments window as well. But I see in your next message what the problem is. I'll have to re-do mine to fix it as well. I was wondering what was wrong with that part od options. :)

I did not recieve this specific error message but my "Attachments" window had a light-orange background with a dark orange border and a dark orange ^ at the top of it. That was the only text in the window (it was not originally like this when i installed the final .2 build. I had to redownload the .2 build and delete the old folder and replace it with the new folder to get rid of this problem. Have seen in in the 9-12 release yet.

indii
Anthropolemic

Post by Anthropolemic »

I don't know why I didn't try this sooner. It's a great mail client, and it's a breeze. And since my college e-mail - which I rely on regularly - is an IMAP server, these changes are AWESOME, especially since Outlook hiccups and chokes on IMAP stuff. Yes, I used Outlook previously, mainly because of the calendar. For shame.

me->converted(); :)
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

Anthropolemic wrote:Yes, I used Outlook previously, mainly because of the calendar. For shame.

me->converted(); :)

I used to use Outlook before for the same reason. How does Microsoft get a way with charging for Outlook when they provide Outlook express for free and it works so much better (except that it does not provide a calendar)???
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

wgianopoulos@yahoo.com wrote:I used to use Outlook before for the same reason. How does Microsoft get a way with charging for Outlook when they provide Outlook express for free and it works so much better (except that it does not provide a calendar)???

1. it comes with office.
2. alot of businesses use it for increased networking.
Anthropolemic

Post by Anthropolemic »

Only thing I miss from Outlook is my little registry tweak to make it minimize to the tray so I can leave it running all the time and keep my taskbar space free. I'll search for an RFE for it in Thunderbird tomorrow. I'm in love. :mrgreen:
mscha

Post by mscha »

Anthropolemic wrote:Only thing I miss from Outlook is my little registry tweak to make it minimize to the tray so I can leave it running all the time and keep my taskbar space free. I'll search for an RFE for it in Thunderbird tomorrow. I'm in love. :mrgreen:

No need for an enhancement. Plenty of freeware tools that can do this for you. TrayIt comes to mind, for instance.

- Michael