Daily Build Thread 2012-10-24 Through 2012-11-06

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Hanki

Re: Daily Build Thread 2012-10-24 Through 2012-11-06

Post by Hanki »

JoeS wrote:I've extended this thread through the 6th.
Seems that we now have permanent power.
But there are other problems, like gasoline shortages due to power outages, and odd/even restrictions due to long lines.

seems like a good idea rather than making a new thread each time
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

I think that grouping the daily threads by week still makes sense given that there may be rather active weeks which a lot of specific things to discuss rather than those getting lost in a 40/50-page thread. Yes, there certainly are weeks where not much is happening other than listing the checkins of the day.

All of course assuming that the effort of rotating the thread is ok with JoeS as its maintainer...

smsmith wrote:So, my Daily build claims to be version 19 alpha whatever. In light of the Thunderbird going into maintenance mode and features landing if the community gets involved announcement, is it worth my time and effort any more to keep up with the daily build, or would I be better off just installing Tb 17 release when it comes out in the next couple of weeks (month)?

Think of it more like the old trunk/release-branch system. Yes, releases are coming from 17.0.x ESR as the basis (possibly with a 17.1.x intermediate branch with a couple of features, that was part of a discussion some time back, but will have to be seen if it's done), but primary development will follow the aurora and beta channels with betas coming up once a cycle initially.

The main reason for using either daily or aurora builds is to catch regressions early, so that purpose is still the same as it was prior to the 5.0 change in the release scheme (and those can easily sneak in by changes on mozilla-central or as side effects of comm-central related bugs). The earlier such MailNews regressions are caught and dealt with the better, thus no need to wait until the 24.0 cycle which would become the next ESR branch.

As for feature development, it will have to be seen to which extent the community will catch the loss of resources devoted by the paid developers (on the other hand, SeaMonkey has been doing a good job with community-based development and also has a couple of strong MailNews developers, thus I wouldn't be too pessimistic here).
dar_k

Post by dar_k »

I'm on MacOS 10.7 (Lion) and have been seeing a crash whenever I update to any of the latest nightly builds.

The last usable build for me was on Oct 29 - it is what I'm using as a fall-back now until the latest nightly is fixed.

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with add-ons or not, but something obviously chanted since Oct 29 to cause crashing...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Darren.
dar_k

Post by dar_k »

Follow up to my message earlier...

It looks like the problem is to do with Lightning somehow being out of sync:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _JS_ObjectIsDate
Referenced from: /Users/XXXXX/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/default/XXXXXXX/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/components/Darwin_x86_64-gcc3/libcalbasecomps.dylib

I've updated to the latest version of Lightning (which I had already done anyway, but just to be 100% sure) and it's still crashing.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Darren.
dar_k

Post by dar_k »

I also tried using the version at:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... US.mac.xpi

But for some reason this reports that it's incompatible with 19.0a1 even thought that appears to be the min/max in the install.rdf.

Thanks,

Darren.