0.3 RC 2 Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
djst

Re: 0.3 RC 2 Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Post by djst »

mscott wrote:1) the padding in the toolbars was too small (especially when using small icons)

You mean the padding was too large, right? ;)

This build looks great. Since the padding issue has been resolved, the default toolbar set should be changed so that it doesn't use three separators every time. It should only be one separator per "button separation", if you know what I mean.

I also think that the default toolbar should use small buttons, as Firebird does. The large buttons (with text) are a bit too large in my opinion.

Great work!!
Tom Sommer

Re: 0.3 RC 2 Now Available (Win32, OSX)

Post by Tom Sommer »

djst wrote:You mean the padding was too large, right? ;)
Nope? First it was too large, then it was too small.. now it's perfect
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

I dunno whats wrong then, cause both appear the same on my machine. To prove it, here's a screen shot. Actually the 923 build is a little better on padding in my opinion. Personally I liked the way the padding was before hand, and I know I'm not the only one. Can there be an option or something on the padding (even if its just a thing where its either the old way or the new) so everyone can be happy?

Tom Sommer

Post by Tom Sommer »

Hellmark wrote:I dunno whats wrong then, cause both appear the same on my machine. To prove it, here's a screen shot. Actually the 923 build is a little better on padding in my opinion. Personally I liked the way the padding was before hand, and I know I'm not the only one. Can there be an option or something on the padding (even if its just a thing where its either the old way or the new) so everyone can be happy?

I think it's perfect now

You can always change your crome*.js file if you want special padding?
yendor

Post by yendor »

Tom Sommer wrote:My inbox is still hanging like hell when I receive more than two mails...

I'm thinking of going back to 0.1 or 0.2 just to have this fixed, totally ruins the program

Try clicking on another folder and waiting for that to display then clicking back on the inbox, that seems to fix this problem for me.
yendor

Junk Mail Sanatizing

Post by yendor »

Is junk mail sanatizing meant to prevent any remote images from being displayed ? I always thought this was the case but just noticed that it isn't doing it in rc2 so I am not sure if it is a regression or not.
Mad Maks

Post by Mad Maks »

yendor wrote:
Tom Sommer wrote:My inbox is still hanging like hell when I receive more than two mails...

I'm thinking of going back to 0.1 or 0.2 just to have this fixed, totally ruins the program

Try clicking on another folder and waiting for that to display then clicking back on the inbox, that seems to fix this problem for me.

same for me. klicking an a other box an back is the solution.
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

It won't even start on my system (Debian Woddy 2.4.17):
"./thunderbird-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

The newerst versions of MozillaSuite and FB run just fine though. Why does TB need a library neither FB nor MozillaSuite needs?
hansen

Post by hansen »

Tom Sommer wrote:You can always change your crome*.js file if you want special padding?

how? - i'm using 918, cause i can't stand the new padding values - i don't even understand why it's changed at all...
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

How can you? I've been looking around and come up empty handed
R@F

Post by R@F »

Hellmark wrote:How can you? I've been looking around and come up empty handed

Why don't you just insert a space after each toolbar item?
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

that doesnt solve the problem of the buttons themselves being too small, as I stated before in this thread
AlexIhrig

Post by AlexIhrig »

Thunderbird translations!

In the past, we were able to edit the textfiles included in the chrome-directory. We replaced all en-US / US / en Strings with the corresponding language Strings (e.g. de-DE / nl-NL).
Since Thunderbird 0.3 RC this is no more possible.

From now on we've to Install our language-packs with the xpi-Installation and start Thunderbird once with "-contentLocale de-DE -UILocale DE". This way is smart but not perfect!

There are some strings in Thunderbird (many Buttons), which will be not shown with the translated string (but the strings are translated). Thunderbird uses some strings out of the englich chrome-files.

What can we do?
Thunderbird Mail DE: http://www.thunderbird-mail.de
Enigmail OpenPGP [de]: http://enigmail.thunderbird-mail.de/
Mad Maks

Post by Mad Maks »

diePAUSE wrote:Thunderbird translations!

In the past, we were able to edit the textfiles included in the chrome-directory. We replaced all en-US / US / en Strings with the corresponding language Strings (e.g. de-DE / nl-NL).
Since Thunderbird 0.3 RC this is no more possible.

From now on we've to Install our language-packs with the xpi-Installation and start Thunderbird once with "-contentLocale de-DE -UILocale DE". This way is smart but not perfect!

There are some strings in Thunderbird (many Buttons), which will be not shown with the translated string (but the strings are translated). Thunderbird uses some strings out of the englich chrome-files.

What can we do?

I second this!!

it is good that het xpi installation now works :-)
but that the buttons like back, save, don't save, etc don't take the translation is a bit annoying ](*,)
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)
no_tellin

OS issue...

Post by no_tellin »

I use Thunderbird on other platforms (Linux, Win) and *really* want to use it on OS X, but it still seems to have a problem (I'm sure this has been brought up before): If you start the program and close the main window, there's no way to get it back without quitting and restarting. As soon as the main window is closed, the menu changes to a non-functional, looks-like-mozilla menu, eg the "Tools" menu item changes to "Bookmarks" ...

Will this get fixed before release? Yeah, I know, quit whining and fix it yourself. Believe me, if I had the time and skill to do it, I would...

-adam