Thunderbird 1.1 Alpha 1 Is Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Greg K Nicholson

Re: RSS

Post by Greg K Nicholson »

brolewis wrote:1) When I go from a webpage to Thunderbird, I right-click the RSS feed link and select "Copy Link Location". However, when I go to the RSS Subscriptions page in Thunderbird and right-click the entry field, rather than seeing a "Paste" option, I am only presented with "Copy Link Location" option.

That annoys me too. Does anyone have a bug number on it?

3) Why can I not decide what folder to store my feed in? I want to create a folder called "mozilla" where I store all my mozilla-related blog feeds.

You can - I've done exactly that. In the Manage Subscriptions dialogue, each folder has an item inside it representing the actual newsfeed. you can expand a folder and drag the newsfeed into another folder. This only moves new entries but you can move existing entries manually.
brolewis

Post by brolewis »

Greg K Nicholson wrote:
3) Why can I not decide what folder to store my feed in? I want to create a folder called "mozilla" where I store all my mozilla-related blog feeds.

You can - I've done exactly that. In the Manage Subscriptions dialogue, each folder has an item inside it representing the actual newsfeed. you can expand a folder and drag the newsfeed into another folder. This only moves new entries but you can move existing entries manually.

Yea, I discovered this as well after posting, however, the interface is still a bit un-intuitive to me, because to rename or create a folder, I have to do it in the main window. So in order to do what I wanted, I had to exit the menu, create a new folder, then go back to the dialog and move the feeds. A bit convoluted to me...
In His Grace,
Lewis
RenegadeX

Post by RenegadeX »

Greg K Nicholson wrote:
brolewis wrote:1) When I go from a webpage to Thunderbird, I right-click the RSS feed link and select "Copy Link Location". However, when I go to the RSS Subscriptions page in Thunderbird and right-click the entry field, rather than seeing a "Paste" option, I am only presented with "Copy Link Location" option.

That annoys me too. Does anyone have a bug number on it?

Found it, Bugzilla # 296542
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=296542

I've said it once, I'll say it a hundred times - the lack of thinking that has gone into this product is mind-boggling..
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Since 1.1 Alpha is long obsolete, there is no point continuing this thread. Please start a new one. Thanks.