Thunderbird 1.1 Alpha 1 Is Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

Post by mscott »

therearenoteams wrote:
ColdFusion650 wrote:whats wrong with the privacy icon?

Sorry--my post wasn't very descriptive. The privacy icon in Options is stretched horizontally. I don't believe that's related to my display.

The icon is just a place holder.
Thunderbirds are Go!
ianbro

Post by ianbro »

Quick question. Does/is 1.1 got/getting LDAP edit?

Best Regards
Ian
P.S. keep up the good work!
EpyonV

Post by EpyonV »

Are there any plans (or is it even possible) to add Spotlight compatibility into TB?
[15" G4 PB, OS X 10.4.1, 1 GB RAM]
rnobis

Post by rnobis »

Sure would be nice to see use of Templates when replying to emails in 1.1.
Mat

Post by Mat »

is it possible to sort the newsgroups alphabetically? (or is there a Bug# for this?)
<a href="http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=500&t=1">
Get Firefox</a>
0live

Post by 0live »

the 1.1a label is missing somehow (installer says 1.0.0+ and about box says version 1.0+)
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
YFan

Political Emails = Scam?

Post by YFan »

Phishing Detector --> Examines the contents of an e-mail message and warns you with a status bar along the top of the message if Thunderbird thinks this message is a phishing attack.

I am interested to know how this thing works. I receive emails from some political outlets - including the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DSCC). Both of their messages - and I know they are legit - are showing up as "Thunderbird thinks this is a scam".... Why? Granted they are both fundraising messages - the two I tested with, but why is it being called a scam in Tb? How does this feature work.

(Please no remarks like "Democrats scam people"... I am trying to address a Thunderbird issue here (that legitimate emails are being suspected as scam), not a political one.)
0live

Post by 0live »

So far every email linking me to some login page has been suspected (nytimes.com, paypal.com, flysn.com etc). just mark it as not-a-scam and then future mails from them should not be suspected, i think.
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
Squirle

Post by Squirle »

Does the scam alert (or what it's called) require training like the spam filter does? The text explaining what it does in Options doesn't seem to indicate that. If so clicking not scam won't really make much difference other than to remove the relatively unobtrousive alert bar. And it does seem that it's html e-mails with a log in possibility that are targeted, so far at least. Time will tell.
RAF

Post by RAF »

Scott,

Could you provide a .zip build, please?
Squirle

Post by Squirle »

I just saw that viewing all headers still doesn't produce a scrollbar when needed. Is this not going to be fixed in 1.1? Think this is the bug report on this. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216605 (or at least it links to the bug that links to the bug that... Sorry I get lost in Bugzilla every time).
ultrapasty

Post by ultrapasty »

# Improved UI under Account Settings for managing multiple SMTP accounts. If you have an account with multiple identities, you can even configure an SMTP server for each identity.

Praise the LORD!!!! :D
Äkiidoll

Post by Äkiidoll »

RAF wrote:Scott,

Could you provide a .zip build, please?

Yes please Scott - When milestones are released,
I get the nighty .zip file with the same time/date
stamp on it.

Thank you for the .tar.gz Linux build Scott! :biggrin:
(I dont use installers)
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
cityfan

Extensions supporting 1.1??

Post by cityfan »

Thunderbird 1.1a looks very good and pretty solid so far.
Unfortunately Extensions such as Enigmail do not support V1.1 which is disappointing to say the least. Back to 1.0.2...
Squirle

Post by Squirle »

That's probably because it's 1.1 alpha 1. not the final official v1.1 release. Extensions will support v1.1 eventually. Some already do through trunk builds, you just have to find them.