MozillaZine

Need help with "account being processed error"

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
fdm2000

Post Posted May 3rd, 2014, 7:37 am

I have TB 29 and today encountered an error message as follows when I open TB to read my mail messages:"Error with account (my email address) is being processed please wait until completed to get messages. The error message does not go away but the incoming messages are received? Along with this it takes forever for YB to open we it was almost immediate yesterday.

I am using Comcast as my ISP and I am using Port 110 for the mail.comcast.net server. Connectivity security is set at None and the password is transmitted insecurely.

These settings worked flawlessly until today.

can anyone suggest a reason and a fix for this current issue?

TIA

Mary

tanstaafl

Post Posted May 3rd, 2014, 9:01 am

Moved from Thunderbird Support to Thunderbird Builds as you are using a beta. The current release build is 24.5.0.

The latest Comcast setup instructions at Configure Mozilla Thunderbird 16.0 and Up for Comcast Email doesn't mention supporting port 110 for the POP server. It documents using port 995 with SSL/TLS enabled. It is listed as "only if needed" (i.e. not recommended) in Using Email Client Programs with Comcast Email . Why don't you want to use a secure connection?

Did this problem occur after waking the PC from sleep mode? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=466933
Does this problem go away if you rely on it checking for new mail on startup rather than clicking the GetMail button? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=392680

What anti-virus software are you using, and is it configured to scan incoming messages?

fdm2000

Post Posted May 4th, 2014, 5:22 am

Thanks for the response and comments, tanstaafl.

Some months ago I had connectivity issues and Comcast support suggested port 110 for server setting with none for security and 587 for outgoing server. I have gone back to the recommended settingof 995 and still get the error.

No I do not use the sleep mode - it occurs after booting up each day. i have TB set to check for new mail at startup.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and to my knowledge it doesn't have an email scan?

The odd thing is that prior to yesterday, I had no problems with the settings and wonder if some program or app I am running is interfering with TB.

I wonder if I should uninstall and reinstall TB. If so is there a way to save/transfer my contacts so they can be restored to new installation?

Mary

Return to Thunderbird Builds